Post Processing Software for Video

Hi.

I've been a stills photography guy for practically all my life and I'm interested on dipping my toes on videography (not serious, but enough to say I can do that, too, and produce some decent videos).

Are there any good post processing software for videos that anyone can suggest? Something just like Lightroom for stills where exposure, colors, and sharpness, can be tweaked.

Thanks!

Pieces Of E

Canon owners and operators
Dec 10, 2011
www.piecesofeonline.com
Triggyman, take a look at Adobe Premiere Elements version 12. It's a scaled down version of Premiere which is a pretty robust application for someone just learning. I think you'll find Elements to work well as you learn. It's also only $99 US and I don't believe it's in the subscription model that Adobe has for it's flagship products either.

Upvote 0
I have been shooting canon photo and video for almost 10 years. For all my videography editing I use Sony Vegas for PC. It's amazing, powerful, simple, and plays the large files back with almost no frame rate loss. I think it should be thrown into the mix. The Adobe products are powerful, but have a huge learning curve. I am not into MAC; so that's how I found Sony Vegas. I've been using it for a long time, and all my work at www.obviouschild.com is edited in Vegas. Also, there is a pro and studio version of the software, and the studio version is totally sufficient and costs less than $100. It's a steal.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2014
I started with Sony Vegas and now I use Sony Pro Edit. It does a great job. I have used as many as 5 different video tracks (from different cameras) and 6 different audio tracks in the same project. It has a lot of color grading capability that comes with the package. I have had no problem importing different kinds of media files including others that I have created using the application. There are numerous output video formats that can be created and modified depending on the project requirements. Fundamentally I have never been stopped when working toward a vision that I have for the final product.

Upvote 0