Post your best Europe photos

Jul 21, 2010
I've been on a number of trips to Europe in the past few years, mostly to Switzerland and France (and I'll be in Italy and then Germany later this year).

I've posted several on lens-specific threads, but in keeping with the the topic request, here's one that to me feels very 'European', taken in Colmar, France (the gateway to the Alcase region).

"La Petite Venise"

EOS 1D X, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, 2.5 s, f/11, ISO 100

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
I've been on a number of trips to Europe in the past few years, mostly to Switzerland and France (and I'll be in Italy and then Germany later this year).

I've posted several on lens-specific threads, but in keeping with the the topic request, here's one that to me feels very 'European', taken in Colmar, France (the gateway to the Alcase region).

"La Petite Venise"

EOS 1D X, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, 2.5 s, f/11, ISO 100
Gorgeous capture, Neuro!

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
An old image of mine now, but still a popular one. This is the ruins of Rievaulx Abbey in the North of England near a small market town called Helmsley.

Word on the street is that now Britain has triggered Brexit this is what the rest of the country will look like soon ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 20.09.22.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 20.09.22.png
    1 MB · Views: 230
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
serendipidy said:
AlanF said:
Best of labs in Europe.
G3X
Nice shot, Alan. Where is this?

The Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge UK. It's the latest building of the lab where the structure of DNA was discovered, the structures of proteins first solved by x-ray crystallography, proteins and DNA were first sequenced, monoclonal antibodies first made etc with nore Nobel Prizes than most countries. The photo is to show that we are not just Olde Worlde.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Sporgon said:
An old image of mine now, but still a popular one. This is the ruins of Rievaulx Abbey in the North of England near a small market town called Helmsley.

Word on the street is that now Britain has triggered Brexit this is what the rest of the country will look like soon ;)

Great shot. 8) Well done, Sporgon.

Upvote 0
AlanF said:
serendipidy said:
AlanF said:
Best of labs in Europe.
G3X
Nice shot, Alan. Where is this?

The Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge UK. It's the latest building of the lab where the structure of DNA was discovered, the structures of proteins first solved by x-ray crystallography, proteins and DNA were first sequenced, monoclonal antibodies first made etc with nore Nobel Prizes than most countries. The photo is to show that we are not just Olde Worlde.
Thanks, that is really cool!

Upvote 0
Sporgon said:

What a fantastic photo! Well done, Sporgon.

Upvote 0