Post Your Best Landscapes

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
CarlTN said:
Sporgon said:
One of the many ghosts of railways past in England, this one is in the East Riding of Yorkshire and used to connect small towns and villages who's road communications are now choked with cars. Remarkable lack of foresight by the Dr. Beeching era.

5DII + 24-105L @ 105 mil f4 iso 640.

Nice work!

Thanks Carl !

Now I've found that location I'm planning a proper shoot there, based around a beautiful girl and an equally beautiful white circus horse. Will post a few when it's done ;)

Upvote 0
Sporgon said:
CarlTN said:
Sporgon said:
One of the many ghosts of railways past in England, this one is in the East Riding of Yorkshire and used to connect small towns and villages who's road communications are now choked with cars. Remarkable lack of foresight by the Dr. Beeching era.

5DII + 24-105L @ 105 mil f4 iso 640.

Nice work!

Thanks Carl !

Now I've found that location I'm planning a proper shoot there, based around a beautiful girl and an equally beautiful white circus horse. Will post a few when it's done ;)

You're welcome...and hahaha...

Upvote 0
CarlTN said:
Cory said:
headed to Alaska from Seattle:

This is quite nice. If you had only cloned out the cranes, and then done a wall-sized print, you could have sold it for like a billion dollars...at least if you had spent 40 years building your brand beforehand, etc. etc....:p (I'm referring to another thread about the "$4 million photograph"...just joking around, no offense...it's just kind of amusing...an ethereal mountain peak off in the distance, nestled over the hustle and bustle!!)

Ahh very cool, I just now saw the airplane in the upper right. Doesn't appear to be a float plane, but the underside of the wings seems to have stripes.

Very fun shot you have there...
Thanks a lot. Much appreciated. If you like, my other "winning" shots from that trip are at www.flickr.com/photos/corysteiner/
I'm really like an accomplished novice and I was almost in tears while taking some of the shots. It was as if a higher being was pressing my shutter button. I've since had 3 paid shoots with my fourth scheduled (although one ended up not paying).

Upvote 0
mrsfotografie said:
AmbientLight said:
my second image from Oman shows the dhow wharfs in the city of Sur.

Here's one I took earlier ;) Sorry, not a landscape...

What always amazes me is how those dhows (provided they are operational) appear to sit on the water due to their small draft. Again this is a shot from Sur, but taken with older equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_6116.jpg
    IMG_6116.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 688
Upvote 0
AmbientLight said:
mrsfotografie said:
AmbientLight said:
my second image from Oman shows the dhow wharfs in the city of Sur.

Here's one I took earlier ;) Sorry, not a landscape...

What always amazes me is how those dhows (provided they are operational) appear to sit on the water due to their small draft. Again this is a shot from Sur, but taken with older equipment.

That's a lovely picture. I would have liked to spend more time in Sur but arrived there at dusk and had to drive to Nizwa the next day. The tide had flowed out so I didn't notice they ride so high...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 831
Upvote 0
PTT said:
Zion National Park in March 2014

I really like the composition of your pictures, which were very well done in all 3 of them. The use of leading lines was well done.

BTW, are these HDRs? Somehow for me they seem to be unreal. The dark skies suggest a rather dull light but there is such a lot of detail in your pictures. The scenes are brighter and the colors more satured than it would normally be the case with such a sky and time of the day. The reflections in the water does not seem to match the sky in all 3 pictures. There are no shadows at all. Especially the first image looks like a collage of at least 3 photos. So for me the post processing seems to be overdone.

Upvote 0