Post Your Best Landscapes

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Cayenne, Click, appreciated.

I guess its what happens when boredom sets in, you begin thinking of different ways to see and present an image, doesn't work with all images, but it offers a different "feel" to an image sometimes.

The Photoshop Action I put together for this image was a total of 76 layers.

Learnt how to do this from my 17 year old son who is in his first year of a Film & Photography Degree, never too old to learn.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
eml58 said:
Prague January 2018

H6D100 & HC300 f/4.5

Good to see you back on CR with your work Ed, and I guess from this latest image you're becoming bored with the clinical efficiency of digital ;)

I think this makes for a pleasing picture; much more than the straight digital capture would have done.

Upvote 0
Click said:
Awesome. Beautiful shots. Well done.

thanks Click! :D

Mikehit said:
OMG! As good a selection of landscape shots as I have ever seen. It looks like one hell of a trip - was it specifically photography or were these shots an added bonus?!

definitely a photography focused trip (managed to get some birding done too, would've gotten snakes if it didn't get so cold all of a sudden (my mate is huge into his wildlife especially snakes and reptiles)), first time to WA ever, wish i had gotten there sooner the place is stunning, shame the weather was rubbish for about 1/3 of the trip otherwise would've had more pics to show! we ended up driving ~2500km in just under 10 days so was pretty good effort all in all lol

GammyKnee said:
Beautiful set - really outstanding!

thanks so much :D

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Sporgon said:
eml58 said:
Prague January 2018

H6D100 & HC300 f/4.5

Good to see you back on CR with your work Ed, and I guess from this latest image you're becoming bored with the clinical efficiency of digital ;)

I think this makes for a pleasing picture; much more than the straight digital capture would have done.

Hi Sporgon, your right of course, its perhaps at times a step too far, but for some images it seems, to me at least, that a different final perspective other than a straight digital image, can and often does, add to the final presentation.

And I've found it does for me, add to the enjoyment of Photography and the whole technical aspect of presenting a final image.

Upvote 0
So this is an old thread, but the subject is still pertinent.
It was raining a little bit and I was driving on the highway going to have dinner next to the beach/ocean at about 5 PM. We saw this beautiful full rainbow (sorry, no double rainbow) from across the highway. Made a speedy left turn and parked next to a Highways Department of Public Works and started shooting over the chainlink gate. Effect was less than ideal. So after couple of minute and joined by other people, we left the place and continue the drive to the restaurant. We saw a road with hardly any traffic and over the road the landscape was much better!
So, here's the photo, a pano of many shots of the rainbow!
Hope you like, especially Jack.
-r

PS., tried to post on the thread under "Rainbow" but it was so old, I think it was disabled.

Attachments

• s-9906 rainbow.jpg
    s-9906 rainbow.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125
Upvote 0