Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Mikehit said:
Every time you post a picture with the 200 f2, Sporgon it stops me dead in my tracks. It's obviously a beautiful lens in the hand of someone who knows how to get the best out of it.

Many thanks Mikehit, but it's a 100 f/2, not 200 f/2 ! Stumping up the cash for an EF 200 f/2 would break my heart !

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

Here in the bay area of California or really anywhere in the southwest of the US anyone can understand the need to play in the sprinklers right about now. It's been a real scorcher. Had the afternoon all to myself with the boys... sprinkler fun ;D

My most important job, dad... then family documentarian... then everything else is really just BS.

5D3 w/ 85 1.2

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Pookie.
Very nice shots, that looks like fun, and a very profound statement, so true.

Cheers, Graham.

Pookie said:
Here in the bay area of California or really anywhere in the southwest of the US anyone can understand the need to play in the sprinklers right about now. It's been a real scorcher. Had the afternoon all to myself with the boys... sprinkler fun ;D

My most important job, dad... then family documentarian... then everything else is really just BS.

5D3 w/ 85 1.2

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

Negatives from a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II shoot, "scanned" with a Canon 5D Mark IV w/ 100mm f/2.8 L Macro.

This has to be one of the worst ways to scan a negative... exceptionally time consuming compared to a scanner that can IR scan and remove dust from the image. Sure you can take a picture in the blink of an eye but then spend anywhere from 5-20 minutes "cleaning" the image. Or you could use a quality scanner that takes about 3-5 minutes depending on negative size and automatically removes these negative defects.

All of this is dependent on the quality of your scan... if you don't care about the end result then photo-scanning is fast... if you do care though and are looking for clean files, buy a good scanner and have a cup of tea while it works. When done you'll have a clean image and your good to go.

Upvote 0