Post your HDR images:

Lots of good shots guys, although I think there are constantly three big things that a lot of you can work one. 1) Using HDR to capture DR that is impossible with a single exposure, and not just as a detail enhancing effect. 2) reducing the muddy gray tones in the final image as well as getting back to a sharp image. 3) Overcooking the light adjustments such that there are no bright and no dark areas. It always looks bad to me when the sky is darker than the subject/ground.

That being said, keep up the good work, here are a couple new ones for me...

Above Ground... by @!ex, on Flickr

Shadows at the Windowpanes by @!ex, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Please lend some constructive advice, please be gentle, ... :-\

5_zpsbdd363d3.jpg

Peace! 8)

Upvote 0
blaydese said:

5_zpsbdd363d3.jpg

Peace! 8)

Scene wise, you can get a little bit frontal with the two obvious subjects or get another subject. Clouds are good but looks incomplete, overexposed and over-saturated just like the whole scene. Stopping down by 1 or 2 EV would do it nicely. Overall, you might want to rethink the the framing. A wider angle will certainly help you. Having a good ND filter will also help.

Upvote 0
M

mamort

First post on Canon Rumors!

Lovely shot from Miyajima! I was there this summer, but only during daytime when the sun made the light very harsh.

Here is a couple of HDR shots from a very small church in Taormina, Sicilia (Italy). Tried to make them seem less HDR'ish. Processed first with Photomatix and then with Photoshop. Shot with 450D.

Attachments

• i-QTN8m8X-X2.jpg
    i-QTN8m8X-X2.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 1,978
  • i-wt7rqNp-X2.jpg
    i-wt7rqNp-X2.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 1,952
Upvote 0
DB said:
My only other attempt at HDR failed miserably back in 2011, when I took 3 bracketed RAW exposures of one of the bridges over the River Liffey in Dublin whilst standing on another bridge - was a dull day and the result was not great - so I put it through a '1940s Ad' Toon-It filter and got this (below). I know it looks cheesy but some of those plug-in filters for PS, especially the ones that simulate old 35mm film (grains, emulsions etc.) look interesting.

I love it. One of my other hobbies is artistic painting, and i sometimes experiment with special effects on my photos. Am not as much of a purist as some phohtographers are, (or maybe i am just not as good). I have altered some of my photos in photoshop that didnt quite make the grade, and turned them into something interesting artistically speaking.

Upvote 0
blaydese said:

5_zpsbdd363d3.jpg

Peace! 8)

Composition wise, it seems a bit forced. It might have been good to leave some breathing room on either side of the image. HDR wise, well... I'm going to try to be nice. The gamma is WAY too high -- this makes the shot look really flat. The colors are not natural (orange skin tones, clouds have some magenta to them) and seem overly saturated, but this may be due to the punched gamma. And there also seems to be ghosting in one of the subjects.

Have you thought about adjusting the photo in ACR or your raw processing software of choice? The sky could use a grad filter, and HDR may not be necessary if you can recover enough detail from one of your shots. If not, try reducing the gamma... you'll notice a big difference.

Upvote 0