Post your light painting landscapes

Well I will see if this thread goes anywhere. Any type of landscape image (and we can define that very loosely) where you use a flashlight or other light source to paint in a portion of the scene with light.

This was during a Saturday night opening at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, which is actually a native wildlife zoo and botanical garden. But I found this old ore train and used a flashlight (torch if you use British English) to light it up.

10 seconds, f13, iso 400, 5Dmark3 with 24-105L.

Attachments

• 602A5598.JPG
    602A5598.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 387
You did say you'd define it 'loosely,' so does steel wool count? :p ;D

This past weekend in Morro Bay, California:

IMG_6163-3-L.jpg

IMG_6164-3-L.jpg

Earlier this year in Utah:

Steel%20Wool%201-L.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi Cali.
Very nice, bet the models love those sparks dropping on them! :eek:
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks very much Graham. I'm actually the model in the shots as no one else wanted to try it. I had another shooter stand in place so I could manually focus on the spot, and then would have someone press my shutter release for me as I spun. I did end up with a little hole in a jacket from the Utah shoot, and try to use hats/hoodies etc.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
Cali_PH said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Cali.
Very nice, bet the models love those sparks dropping on them! :eek:
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

Thanks very much Graham. I'm actually the model in the shots as no one else wanted to try it. I had another shooter stand in place so I could manually focus on the spot, and then would have someone press my shutter release for me as I spun. I did end up with a little hole in a jacket from the Utah shoot, and try to use hats/hoodies etc.

Absolutely spectacular shots! Love them!

Upvote 0
Tonight at Tucson Mountain Park, Canon 5D4 and 24-70 f4L IS. Three different exposures at 30 seconds, needed because saguaro cacti were too far apart to light up in one exposure. Two cacti on far left were lit up in one shot, cactus and tree in middle were lit up in another shot, two cacti on right were lit up in third shot. Then a lot of tweaking in Photoshop Elements to balance it out and remove some headlights from a road on the distant mountain.
Tucson Mountain Park 2485_86_87.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0