PowerShot Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
As if those cameras need a megapixel bump. Beats me why would anyone want a P&S with more than 12MP.

I believe the G11 and G12 dropped down to 10MP. I'm hoping Canon bumps it back up a little, but with improved image quality.

neuroanatomist said:
Heidrun said:
I want a FF G12, and a FF PowerShot

Simple. Merely alter the laws of physics such that a zoom lens which can project a FF image circle can fit into a P&S-type form factor. Or, maybe they could do it now with a 35-80mm f/8-16 lens. I bet that would work for you, right?

Sarcasm not needed. Full frame not likely or needed, but APS-C is certainly doable. Interchangeable lens rangefinder type (similar form to the Fujifilm X-100). A couple of wide-angle and normal primes or a narrow range zoom made especially for the camera, plus an adapter to mount Canon's telephotos would be a dream come true.

Upvote 0
B

Bob Howland

c.d.embrey said:
Heidrun said:
I want a FF G12, and a FF PowerShot

I'm waiting for a PowerShot that will replace my 4x5 view camera. I'm sure that Canon has the technology to make a camera that is smaller than the sensor. :D :D

Check out the last generation of film P&S's. It's been 10 years but, as I recall, the smallest were about the same size as my G10, maybe a little larger.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Bob Howland said:
Check out the last generation of film P&S's. It's been 10 years but, as I recall, the smallest were about the same size as my G10, maybe a little larger.

Maybe a bit smaller. I had one of these (still might have it in a drawer somewhere, in fact):

41S5H3VETGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's not much bigger than some of the A-series PowerShots, and while it's about as wide as your G10, it's shorter and shallower. It was splash-proof, too - nice feature in a small, convenient camera!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.