Pre-mature Ad for "New Canon EOS R Full-Frame"

DaveGrice

EOS M50
Mar 14, 2018
Houston, TX
www.gricephoto.com
Well, well. This was an interesting find as this ad popped up on the CNN.com page. Clearly the product photo isn't accurate, and the {PH_0} placeholder for the timeframe was not populated with a valid value.

Accidental or not, does this indicate that Canon resellers are now starting to queue up their digital campaign to get the pre-orders going? Seems this could be validating the recent rumors about release timelines.

BTW, the "Visit Site" button did go to the B&H site, but it's showing only the old EOS R product page here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/14490/canon-eos-r-mirrorless-system.html/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8vyEg_SS5wIVwlcBCh3WiwNPEAEYASAAEgIsEPD_BwE

EOS R Ad.jpg

DaveGrice

EOS M50
Mar 14, 2018
Houston, TX
www.gricephoto.com
It doesn't say Mark II so it's possible this is a very OLD ad for the (current) R.
True enough. I'm assuming one of the Marketing/Web folks at B&H was dinking around with their ads, probably pulled this one up to make some modifications and accidentally turned it on. Clearly, it wasn't ready for prime-time. Just the fact that they're fooling with these ads currently is interesting to me. I guess here's hoping that it's for the reason that there will be ads needed soon :)

Reactions: SteveC