Preorder All The New Canon Releases

Re: New Canon Gear Preorders Are Live

In France, it can be found "cheaper" ;D : 3999 €
https://www.missnumerique.com/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-nu-carte-memoire-sandisk-sdxc-extreme-pro-95mb-s-64-go-offerte-p-33431.html?refi=14314

With free shipping for this first one

http://www.fnac.com/Reflex-Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-IV-Boitier-Nu-Carte-Memoire-Sandisk-Extreme-PRO-SDXC-64Go-95Mo-seconde-UHS-I/a10038710/w-4#int=S:player1|Appareil%20photo%20Reflex|NonApplicable|NonApplicable|BAN1|NonApplicable

Can be delivered in your shop freely for this second one.

Still too expensive for me, but in case for others.

Upvote 0

Luds34 said:
Looks like a fine camera! Now can we move on to the 6D mark II? ;)

Hopefully the post Brexit UK exchange rates will have recovered by then, giving me the choice between the 6D mark II and the 5D IV for less than £2500 (S3300)

If not I may wait for the 5D5

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_5d5.html

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2016
USA

Just ordered the mark IV and the power grip. I don't have a FF camera but do own some expensive Canon glass so the choice is pretty clear if I want to go FF. Figure if there are problems with the Mark IV, Canon will make it right. Waiting for the reviews on the 16-35 F2.8 mark III before I pull the trigger on that but I suspect it will make the cut. Thanks CR for all the info.

Upvote 0

Seriously, what in the real world will make this camera a 'must' upgrade over the 5D3? At $4500 CAD I can't see anything... 30MP Meh. Touchscreen? Bahahahaha. Built in wi-fi? For almost $2000 more than the 5D3 at shops in Toronto? Seriously???? An increase in dynamic range no one will notice in 99% of images made?

What's the logic here?

Speaking of logic, how the heck do you change your gear listing on this forum??? It seems to have decided what gear I use without any input from me...

Upvote 0

Think I'll wait till B&H and/or Amazon get some sort of bundle together and throw in a memory card or extra battery or something.

Either that, or I'll just break down and get the 1dxii. I still really want to see test shots with the 5dIV. I'm a little worried that none of their promo materials have put "improved high ISO quality!" front and center, which makes me think noise may be an issue. oh well.

Upvote 0

dennirussel said:
Speaking of logic, how the heck do you change your gear listing on this forum??? It seems to have decided what gear I use without any input from me...
Are you talking about the 'gear listing' below your username? That's automatically decided based on the number of posts you have made (with that profile).

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2013
I do think that the iv is a decent but not spectacular upgrade and I was prepared to pre order from the local store but being in the EU the prices compared to the US are terrible. I have the money ready but I was prepared to pay the rumoured €3700, when they ask for €4299.99 it makes me realise I can wait the 6 months till I visit the USA and buy it there probably at an even more discounted price

Upvote 0