Preorder All The New Canon Releases

veryfelina

I wish my eyes could take photos
Feb 27, 2015
If I already was pissed like hell yesterday when rumors had it 5D Mk IV would cost 3.700,00 € in Europe, imagine me today after learning it will cost over 4.000,00 € (pre-order price in my country is over 4.200,00 €)... how come it costs 3.100,00 € in the US and we have to pay way over 4.000,00 € in Europe? I just don't get it, really! :mad: :mad:

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
veryfelina said:
If I already was pissed like hell yesterday when rumors had it 5D Mk IV would cost 3.700,00 € in Europe, imagine me today after learning it will cost over 4.000,00 € (pre-order price in my country is over 4.200,00 €)... how come it costs 3.100,00 € in the US and we have to pay way over 4.000,00 € in Europe? I just don't get it, really! :mad: :mad:
Me too. But I would wait a few months anyway for the price to fall and to uncover bugs (if any). I will just have to wait a few more months and possibly buy grey. EU prices ...$#%&^% :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Upvote 0
Re: New Canon Gear Preorders Are Live

Peerke said:
warrick said:
You guys think the prices are high
In Australia they are $5699au or converted $4300us
I won't be upgrading for a while :'(

Warrick

Or Europe: € 4065,- = US $ 4582,-. :p :'(

Warwick, that's Canon's RRP. They were being offered for pre-order at AU$4999 at (~US$3800 [AU:US 0.75:1]).
Saw this yesterday afternoon, about an hour after the release notification from Canon.

UPDATE: Something's up. I thought I'd better check this before posting - the price has been removed from the website and now the site asks for a deposit only ($500)?

Upvote 0

leGreve

Full time photographer and film maker omnifilm.dk
Nov 6, 2010
Denmark
vimeo.com
From a photographic perspective, if you already own a 5D3 there's absolutely no reason to upgrade, it wont make you a better photographer and the size of the images and the quality is no different from the 5D3.

From a video point of view... if I already had a 5D3 and I had a need for 4K video, and I had the money neeeded to buy a 5D4, I would by a proper video camera instead. The mjpg is not good enough to pretend to be video. Sony might not have world class customer service on their DSLR line, but they do have proper service on their video line and their video codec is way better and robust.

In my point of view, even though I also have expensive Canon glass at hand, Canon messed this price point up.
It simply cannot be justified. Neither for the 16-35.

Upvote 0

Nov 9, 2013
It’s always the same, a new product is introduced and people start complaining about the price in their country because it’s way higher than the US price…
If you want to know why, just ask your government, they probably have a website explaining import and tax laws.

I’m Dutch and the import duty for photographic equipment is 4.2%
On top of that we have a 21% VAT
And you have to pay a customs clearance fee of €13
Exchange rate used: €1 = $1.1267
So an US price of 3499 amounts to €3928.51
That’s 26.5% more ($4426)

The MRSP in the Netherlands is €4129.99 so we have to pay €200 more over here but street prices are usually a bit below the MRSP.

Upvote 0

asl

Aug 23, 2016

bitm2007 said:
warrick said:
You guys think the prices are high
In Australia they are $5699au or converted $4300us
I won't be upgrading for a while :'(

Warrick

That's low compared to Europe

£3599 = $4750
€4065 = $4593

It gets better:

NOK40595 = $4938.5

When reading about this camera it is hard to ignore the fact that the price is (extremely?) high on this.
My self I was think maybe getting one used one day. But I think that is more of a pipe dream.:/

Upvote 0
Hi,

i was planning to switch from Nikon to Canon if the Mark IV is a big improvement in low ISO DR. (Before somebody asks: Switching because all my friend shoot with Canon and we could change lenses, personally i find the ergonomics better for me).

To be honest, i was expecting a price round about 3.700€. Now i have to postpone my plan ;-)

I understand the the US price is lower, because they have to add the local tax to it. Do you have to add some additional dues?

BR

Klaus

Upvote 0
leGreve said:
From a photographic perspective, if you already own a 5D3 there's absolutely no reason to upgrade, it wont make you a better photographer and the size of the images and the quality is no different from the 5D3.
Joking right?

Getting rid of high iso banding alone is a perfectly valid reason to retire the 5DIII for good.

Judged by the 5DS/R sensor and Canon's statements that more MPIX, better AF and DR were core 5DIV upgrade targets we should expect every single aspect of the picture quality will improve: color, white balance, anti-flickr, high iso, no banding, noise, DR etc. (of course we will have see this demonstrated, but this is where expectations should be until we have the proof otherwise).

Picture quality may not be key to you - and I'd always carefully consider "jumping" a camera generation anyway. But to pretend the 5DIII and 5DIV will deliver the same picture quality is simply being blind to realities. This is not like the non-difference between the image quality of the 5DII and the 5DIII.

Upvote 0

Rbus

5D Mk3 5D Mk4 EF16-35 2.8L, EF24-105 F4L, EF100-40
Aug 4, 2016
New Zealand
The New Zealand price for the 5D mk4 is $5999.00 NZD which converted to US Dollars is approx $4410.00.
When tax is added to the US price of approx 9%, it makes the US price about $3810.00.
I can usually get 10% off from my local camera dealer which would bring my buy price to approx $3970.00 US dollars (about $50.00 more).
That is not too far from the US price although I don't doubt there will soon be discounting in the US market as well.

Upvote 0

kaihp said:
dennirussel said:
Speaking of logic, how the heck do you change your gear listing on this forum??? It seems to have decided what gear I use without any input from me...
Are you talking about the 'gear listing' below your username? That's automatically decided based on the number of posts you have made (with that profile).
Awesome! Thanks :).

Upvote 0
For those ordering, please take a look at Tony Northrup's run-through of 5DMkIV functionality. For those with a 5ds or 5DR, the 5DMKIV is a downgrade in image (should not be a surprise there) and is more expensive. For 4K video, the jmpg will result in storage usage that it 4-5 times larger (I think he said 1 hr of 4k video would be over 200GB) than the competition that have chosen efficient codecs. He did say there are concepts that he likes, but most are already implemented much better on competitors. The focus shifting is going to be great, but do you really want to do your post-processing in Canon's software, not Lightroom? I thought it raised some other important points.

I have a 7D so I was definitely waiting for the release of the 5DMKIV, but some of these things are making me hesitate.

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
100 said:
It’s always the same, a new product is introduced and people start complaining about the price in their country because it’s way higher than the US price…
If you want to know why, just ask your government, they probably have a website explaining import and tax laws.

The price in CDN is an almost exact currency conversion.

The product is over priced.

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
Don't switch unless you have very little gear to begin with.

Nikon has the G series primes, at a reasonable cost, which Canon does not (other than the 35 f2.0).
Stick with Nikon, buy a few 1.8 primes to stick in each jacket pocket and hit the streets. :)

KSC said:
Hi,

i was planning to switch from Nikon to Canon if the Mark IV is a big improvement in low ISO DR. (Before somebody asks: Switching because all my friend shoot with Canon and we could change lenses, personally i find the ergonomics better for me).

To be honest, i was expecting a price round about 3.700€. Now i have to postpone my plan ;-)

I understand the the US price is lower, because they have to add the local tax to it. Do you have to add some additional dues?

BR

Klaus

Upvote 0
I thought I heard somewhere price at launch was meant to be the same as the 5D3? Not so in the UK £3500 vs. £2999 http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/dslrs/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii

Perhaps the impact of Brexit and currency fluctuation as as some have suggested?

I'll be waiting to see the grey price in 6 months time vs. the 2nd hand value of my 5D3, also wait for the reviews to see whether I can convince myself there are reasons for upgrade ;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your advice. I do not have to much equipment to exchange (and all was bought used, so will not have the big loss).

At the moment i have moved my switch plan to next year.

Kiton said:
Don't switch unless you have very little gear to begin with.

Nikon has the G series primes, at a reasonable cost, which Canon does not (other than the 35 f2.0).
Stick with Nikon, buy a few 1.8 primes to stick in each jacket pocket and hit the streets. :)

KSC said:
Hi,

BR

Klaus

Upvote 0