Preorder the Canon EOS Rebel T8i and Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
It's relevant because it shows what kind of value you can potentially get out of a lens.
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, the Nikon you are talking about is 200-500 (so missing 100mm at the short end) and is made for DSLR, weighs 5 lbs, and runs a 95mm filter thread. As a Canon shooter it is a completely irrelevant lens to me. f stop is not the only indicator of value.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Value is in the eye of the beholder. Besides, the Nikon you are talking about is 200-500 (so missing 100mm at the short end) and is made for DSLR, weighs 5 lbs, and runs a 95mm filter thread. As a Canon shooter it is a completely irrelevant lens to me. f stop is not the only indicator of value.

Sure, if you're okay with spending $2k+ on a 7.1 wildlife/sports lens that's up to you. I just don't see it being a hit. It's also frustrating for me because I shoot a lot of wildlife, and this lens is likely taking up the slot of a faster super-telephoto zoom. I'd trade that extra 100mm for a faster aperture in every single shot I take.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Sure, if you're okay with spending $2k+ on a 7.1 wildlife/sports lens that's up to you. I just don't see it being a hit. It's also frustrating for me because I shoot a lot of wildlife, and this lens is likely taking up the slot of a faster super-telephoto zoom. I'd trade that extra 100mm for a faster aperture in every single shot I take.
It isn't taking out faster lenses. My goodness. :rolleyes: BTW: From where do you get the $2k+ figure? You also seem to be forgetting that this lens is for a broader audience than just wildlife/sports.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0