Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

Meanwhile in Europe:
Eos R + cheapest adaptor : 2 519,99 € = 2,922.47 US$
We are quite far from the announced prices
Adorama delivers to Europe. Adorama prices are without VAT, you'll have to pay the VAT to your own country. E.g. shipping to Finland $77,50. Total price $2376,50, add VAT 24 % and you get $2946.50. Total price in EUR is €2518,00 (approximate). And the European package includes the 99$ adapter., which the U:S: package does not. Not that bad. In Finland the standard price seems to be €2650 with the adapter. No point i ordering from the U.S.

Upvote 0
Adorama delivers to Europe. Adorama prices are without VAT, you'll have to pay the VAT to your own country. E.g. shipping to Finland $77,50. Total price $2376,50, add VAT 24 % and you get $2946.50. Total price in EUR is €2518,00 (approximate). And the European package includes the 99$ adapter., which the U:S: package does not. Not that bad. In Finland the standard price seems to be €2650 with the adapter. No point i ordering from the U.S.
Exactly, that's what I explained with my previous post adressed to the assumedly Austrian guy. :)

You are perfectly right. Cause if importing from US makes you pay customs and import VAT on the customs amount and the price on Shipping & Handling as well.
B&H has that tool that tells you the extra price for S&H and Customs and VAT. Always results more expensive than the mere VAT in our respective European home country.

Then there is the extra issue about warranty. Does a US warranty help us in Europe. Nope, since the European warranty usually is longer (e.g. Germany 2 years), than it is in the U.S.

So I concur with you to buy domestically.

Upvote 0
I’d get the control ring. I personally would set the control ring to ISO. It’s always a pain on my 1DX2 to hit the ISO button then roll the control dial to change.

I really want to get this body, the 35mm and control ring adapter but probably going to wait until the first price drop and firmware update to enable all the coming soon features.

Would have been an instant preorder if there was 4k60, 1080p120 and no 4K crop. Oh I guess the 720p120 is pretty useless since there is no autofocus. (WHY CANON? My 1DX2 does all this!)
If I caught this correctly, the firmware update will be available before the equipment hits the retailers... so you only need to wait for the price to drop :)

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
I guess a lot of us are looking for a good translation of this web page:

https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2018/09/2018914.html

They mention a a lot of new bodies / fake bodies / test bodies / ... - and "2019".

I am sure CR guy will post it when he wakes up, but here goes anyway. It has a FF mirrorless, APS-C mirrorless and what may be the 7D3.

• K433
    • Mirror-less camera
    • Full size
    • Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
    • Maximum image size of test machine: 6240 x 4160
    • Probably will be released within 1 year
  • K435
    • Single-lens reflex camera
    • APS-C
    • Battery level indication is displayed in 4 levels (same as 9000 D etc.)
    • Maximum image size of test machine: 6000 × 4000
    • Probably released in 2019
  • K436
    • APS-C
    • Battery level indication is displayed in 4 levels (same as 9000 D etc.)
  • K437
    • Battery level indicator is displayed in six levels (same as 5D Mark IV etc.)
    • Maximum image size of test machine: 6960 × 4640
    • Probably released in 2019 or later
  • EC804
    • Compact digital camera
    • Powershot G series
  • EC 805
    • Compact digital camera
  • EC808
    • Compact digital camera
    • Powershot G series
  • EC 811
    • Mirror-less camera
    • APS-C
  • EC 812
    • Mirror-less camera
    • APS-C
    • Probably released in 2019 or later

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
Demanding aren't you :)

Please note that it is different from the model number registered for radio wave authentication (Model number is a human identifier written on the bottom of the camera and label on the back of the LCD, and the device ID is the identifier for the computer in the firmware).

K433 is another type of full size mirrorless registered for radio wave authentication, K435 and K436 are similar to test data, so it is 9000D and Kiss X 9i (or Kiss X 9) successor.
Although there is data attached to the EF - S lens at K437, it is unknown whether it is APS - C or full size at the present time (70D or 80D is most similar to the test content).
Is EC 811 and EC 812 EOS M series? Since the data is still small, the number of pixels may be dummy data.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Seems you do care enough. :)
Yes I really care, I am heartbroken you don't find enough in the Canon eco system to be able to achieve the image capture you are capable of, but am very glad you have found a manufacturer who has created a camera system that will leave your creativity unfettered.

Of course your decision has no effect on me, my creativity, my gear selection, or any other aspect of my life and me replying to your comment really shouldn't make you feel like I care about you, I don't know who you are, I don't know what images you make and I don't know if you are telling the truth or not. I certainly don't know if your opinion is something I should respect or put any weight behind. My comment was a throwaway follow up to your throwaway comment that took a couple of seconds as I sat in a waiting room, however I do have a history that you can look up, I have posted hundreds of illustrative images from which anybody can discern what level of authority and relevance they can give any other comments I make.

As a related side issue, it occurred to me the other day that people like to moan about and belittle almost everything that comes out, cameras, phones etc etc, I wondered why things are wrapped in so much negativity whereas things used to be looked at with interest and thoughtful assessment of new features and capabilities. I think the truth is people need an excuse to not buy stuff because they aren't actually in the market for those things anyway, 'I'd get it if it had this' is a perpetual comment and costs nothing but makes you think you appear as though your opinion has some relevance.

Upvote 0
Yes I really care, I am heartbroken you don't find enough in the Canon eco system to be able to achieve the image capture you are capable of, but am very glad you have found a manufacturer who has created a camera system that will leave your creativity unfettered.

Of course your decision has no effect on me, my creativity, my gear selection, or any other aspect of my life and me replying to your comment really shouldn't make you feel like I care about you, I don't know who you are, I don't know what images you make and I don't know if you are telling the truth or not. I certainly don't know if your opinion is something I should respect or put any weight behind. My comment was a throwaway follow up to your throwaway comment that took a couple of seconds as I sat in a waiting room, however I do have a history that you can look up, I have posted hundreds of illustrative images from which anybody can discern what level of authority and relevance they can give any other comments I make.

As a related side issue, it occurred to me the other day that people like to moan about and belittle almost everything that comes out, cameras, phones etc etc, I wondered why things are wrapped in so much negativity whereas things used to be looked at with interest and thoughtful assessment of new features and capabilities. I think the truth is people need an excuse to not buy stuff because they aren't actually in the market for those things anyway, 'I'd get it if it had this' is a perpetual comment and costs nothing but makes you think you appear as though your opinion has some relevance.

OUCH, crashpc got scratched by the cartoon stuffed kitty toy.

Upvote 0
About jumping ship... Maybe this is a good time, maybe not. The more interesting future Canon lenses will probably be RF mount, and they will not be adaptable to e.g. Sony without additional glass. 2mm of flange distance difference is not enough to build an adapter. And the throat on Sony is narrower, the largest aperture lenses would probably not work fully open anyway.

But with your existing Canon lenses, well, it is anyone's choice.

Upvote 0