Pressure By the Nikon D600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
briansquibb said:
To early to comment on a rumour. You realise the Canon 6D will have the 36mps sensor from the 3D but limited to 4fps - but only cost $1500

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just disappointed with canon not knocking it out of the park with the 5D3 and I'll continue to wait another couple of months to see some more announcements, they'd better nail it against the d600(if the rumors are true)

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

RLPhoto said:
briansquibb said:
To early to comment on a rumour. You realise the Canon 6D will have the 36mps sensor from the 3D but limited to 4fps - but only cost $1500

I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just disappointed with canon not knocking it out of the park with the 5D3 and I'll continue to wait another couple of months to see some more announcements, they'd better nail it against the d600(if the rumors are true)

Oh no - not another person disatisfied with their current kit to the extent of jumping over to Nikon

PS It will be cheaper to buy a 5D3

Upvote 0

DarkKnightNine

The best camera is the one that's with you.
Jul 1, 2011
Yokohama, Japan
www.marvenpayne.com
wickidwombat said:
specs are impressive, Nikon have been going all out this round you got to give them credit where its due
does that make me any less happy with my 5Dmk3 or other canon cameras I own? no not really i switched from nikon I prefer the canon system for the most part not to mention the epic selection of glass available
My sentiments exactly. Nikon has been aggressive this round with their camera body specs and features but in the end, I still prefer Canon glass. Otherwise I would have made the switch years ago. But you have to give Nikon credit, they are doing some amazing work with their bodies "this round". Let's hope it sparks a fire under Canon's arse.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
RLPhoto said:
Would Canon Drop its 5D3 prices after Nikon will release its rumored Entry Full Frame Camera the D600? I hope so.

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/05/23/newupdated-nikon-d600-specifications.aspx/

Pretty Impressive Specs for the Rumored 1500$.

canon should drop prices on that body because it is overpriced. not because of nikon. 8)
I think that will happen way before the D600 shows up. There is just no justification for the extra 500 dollars they want to charge.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2012
wickidwombat said:
not to mention the epic selection of glass available

This is why, years ago, I also chose Canon.

BUT

Nowadays Nikon and 3rd-party companies are almost there, in many cases they even surpassed L glasses while demanding less money. In my opinion, the only truly unique lenses in Canon's line-up are the 135 f/2 and the 70-300 L.

I'm very disappointed by Canon in terms of pricing. I can accept a lower-performing sensor, a lower-specced camera and everything. I cannot accept that this camera costs more than the better-performing competitors. This is true for lenses as well. This makes me feel milked and almost doomed for my choice of being a Canon user, so..... since I'm not married to Canon, if it turns out that Nikon is able to deliver better results at a much lower price, I'm not thinking about it that much. I'll switch, and I'll do it again in 5 years or so, if by then it's Canon who's providing better performances at a lower price.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

Albi86 said:
wickidwombat said:
not to mention the epic selection of glass available

This is why, years ago, I also chose Canon.

BUT

Nowadays Nikon and 3rd-party companies are almost there, in many cases they even surpassed L glasses while demanding less money. In my opinion, the only truly unique lenses in Canon's line-up are the 135 f/2 and the 70-300 L.

I'm very disappointed by Canon in terms of pricing. I can accept a lower-performing sensor, a lower-specced camera and everything. I cannot accept that this camera costs more than the better-performing competitors. This is true for lenses as well. This makes me feel milked and almost doomed for my choice of being a Canon user, so..... since I'm not married to Canon, if it turns out that Nikon is able to deliver better results at a much lower price, I'm not thinking about it that much. I'll switch, and I'll do it again in 5 years or so, if by then it's Canon who's providing better performances at a lower price.

There is a Nikon 135 f/2 at about the same price

Upvote 0
i am on the same boat, i can't afford F2.8 zooms, so the F4 series 70-200 is what making me stay.

but for those who don't buy 2nd hand body, the D600 sounds like a pressure to Canon indeed.

I am sure if Canon simply drop the price on the 5D2, loyal Canon fans will stay. some people may never want more than 9 pt AF system and will satisfy with an old but still decent metering system.

Competition is always good, we should hope for other manufacture to pressure Canon more as well, at the end, it will benefit the end user.

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
briansquibb said:
RLPhoto said:
briansquibb said:

Oh no - not another person disatisfied with their current kit to the extent of jumping over to Nikon

PS It will be cheaper to buy a 5D3

Dissatisfied? Nah.

Disappointed? Yes, Canon can do better.

Upvote 0
I just bought a 5D3, so won't be in the market for a new camera for another 3-4 years. For selfish reasons, my hope is that Nikon stomps Canon badly and takes a substantial chunk of Canon's market share in the next 1-2 years. This will light a fire under Canon's butt to come out with some products with bold new innovations and features right about the time when I'm looking to replace my 5D3. So goooo Nikon ;D

Upvote 0
V8Beast said:
I just bought a 5D3, so won't be in the market for a new camera for another 3-4 years. For selfish reasons, my hope is that Nikon stomps Canon badly and takes a substantial chunk of Canon's market share in the next 1-2 years. This will light a fire under Canon's butt to come out with some products with bold new innovations and features right about the time when I'm looking to replace my 5D3. So goooo Nikon ;D

good line of thinking!

Upvote 0
wickidwombat said:
V8Beast said:

good line of thinking!

Yes, I'm officially a happy 5D3 user that's also a Nikon fan boy ;D I wonder how many of my kind are out there?

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
MK5GTI said:
i don't think anybody here should be brand-loyal, unless you are paid by Canon, whoever has the product better for my use & budget, i will go for it.

agreed, I have looked at the nikon system. Its very promising but I dug alittle deeper to see If i'd REALLY Switch. What is keeping me here is the prime glass. Thats Really about it,

- Canon 135mm f/2 Performs better than the nikon 135mm f/2 DC and is a whole lot cheaper.

- Canon 50mm 1.2L performs better than any 50mm from 1.2-2.8, Which I love and Nikon doesnt quite match.

- Canon 24mmL II is alot cheaper than nikon alternative and equal IQ.

The catch is now is that canon makes up this savings over nikon with their new Bodys. Jeez, $849 for just a T4i? Seriously...

Nikons bodies are cheaper but they get you on the glass. Flash wise, nikon is alittle cheaper but canons 600RT is ridiculously priced. Almost make me want to just use PW's.

Can't switch, but with all these new bodies from nikon offering alot for less, Makes me stare at my aging 5D...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.