Pricing for the new PowerShot G series cameras and new RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS have leaked

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We expect to see the rumoured Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II and Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II to be announced on Wednesday evening (ET).
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III will cost $749USD, while the Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II will set you back at $899USD.
The brand new RF mount superzoom, the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS will launch at $899USD, and when kitted with the Canon EOS RP, that package will cost $2199USD.
Specifications:
Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II | Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III
Correction: I can’t read a calendar properly, and mistakenly said the announcement would come Monday night, but it will likely come the night of Wednesday, July 10, 2019 (Eastern Time).

Continue reading...

Last edited:
That's a bit more than expensive than I was expecting for the 24-240, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

I always figured Canon over-priced launch so they can use instant rebates/etc. to insulate against currency fluctuations for a while. I remember in Canada when a series of lenses' base prices were increased because the Canadian dollar fell (~2016) - it happened quietly, but was not well received by those that noticed. Actually, when I heard the rumour I went out and picked up a 70-200 f/2.8L ii at the previous base price. Sure enough I saved a few hundred dollars on that purchase because of the heads up! Thanks again for that!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Both the G5X II and G7X III are priced a little too high given the competition.

Really? MSRP for G5X II (USD 899) is 25% below current Sony RX 100 VI street price (USD 1198 B&H) and on par with current Pana LX100 II street price (USD 897 B&H) ...

While lower would of course be welcome I do find all 3 MSRP prices "rather sensible". Canon will also have left some room for cash backs . :)

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Definitely wouldn’t put the G5X II on par with the RX100 VI, more like the RX100 IV.

Really? MSRP for G5X II (USD 899) is 25% below current Sony RX 100 VI street price (USD 1198 B&H) and on par with current Pana LX100 II street price (USD 897 B&H) ...

While lower would of course be welcome I do find all 3 MSRP prices "rather sensible". Canon will also have left some room for cash backs . :)

Upvote 0
Definitely wouldn’t put the G5X II on par with the RX100 VI, more like the RX100 IV.

why?

The RP and the 24-240 will be a hot selling combination. As an all in one, low (relative) cost , single lens, travel setup..... nothing else comes close!

yes. Especially when it comes as kit and with special discounts or cash back. And it will also get price for lens in white box down to 599 pretty soon. :)

Upvote 0