Pricing for the new PowerShot G series cameras and new RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS have leaked

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Some sense of the dimensions/mass of Canon's RF 24-240mm can be gleaned from this link (I think):

...when I look at these data (especially while thinking of the images that the M6/18-150mm combo has produced), I'm reminded of how satisfied I've been (overall) with the EOS M family of cameras and lenses...and how Canon's 24-105mm f4 IS lens is, in fact, one of my least-used lenses.

Why? For my particular uses, the 5D MkIII/24-105 set-up is right at the edge of NOT serving as the ideal walk-around vacation/travel tool...because of its mass-and-volume.

Sony's 24-240 lens (from the link) is more than 100g heavier than their 24-105...(both FE)...while only about half a cm longer.

If Canon's 24-240 RF lens is 120g heavier than the Canon 24-105 RF model...that puts it at about 820g...and length comparisons bring the new lens in at an estimated length of a bit more than 11cm.

So the not-yet-available Canon RF 24-240 lens is likely to be a tad heftier and longer than the RF 24-105.

...thinking!:unsure:

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Once everyone outside of USA adds the 15-20% "I don't live in America" tax that all companies impose :mad: , then add on the currently bad exchange rate (for AUD, which is about 10% worse than last year, & 20% worse than 5 years ago), these things will cost an absolute fortune! :cry:
anyway... I am waiting for the new 'M' model to come out. Hopefully before November when I go overseas, and can claim back the 10% GST.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

hamish

Canon 7D II
CR Pro
Apr 15, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Once everyone outside of USA adds the 15-20% "I don't live in America" tax that all companies impose :mad: , then add on the currently bad exchange rate (for AUD, which is about 10% worse than last year, & 20% worse than 5 years ago), these things will cost an absolute fortune! :cry:
anyway... I am waiting for the new 'M' model to come out. Hopefully before November when I go overseas, and can claim back the 10% GST.

I'm in Melbourne and I feel your pain too. The Australia tax and the AUD suck :-(

I love my 200D but it has its limitations. Depending on the price and my cashflow, I may spring for the new M5 Mk. II (and EF adapter to use my existing lenses) or maybe pick up a used 80D on ebay.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I'm in Melbourne and I feel your pain too. The Australia tax and the AUD suck :-(

I love my 200D but it has its limitations. Depending on the price and my cashflow, I may spring for the new M5 Mk. II (and EF adapter to use my existing lenses) or maybe pick up a used 80D on ebay.
When is that M5 Mk2 being launched?

Upvote 0