Pronghorns, deer, bison and other ungulates in the wild...

dpc

EOS 5D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
Thought I'd start a thread for pronghorns and other wild ungulates. We have lots of pronghorns around here (often, but mistakenly, called an antelope). They're generally much easier to take pictures of than deer.

1. Female pronghorn. She was by the side of the road and just stood there nonchalantly while I snapped away.
2. Male and female pronghorns in a farmer's field.
3. Bison

Attachments

dpc

EOS 5D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
MichaelHodges said:

Nice picture, Michael. We have lots of moose on the prairies around here, but I've never been able to get a decent shot of them. They never seem to be where I am. People might be surprised to think of moose on the plains. We usually think of them in forests, but they're definitely a feature of our wildlife array.

Don Haines

posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Click said:
Very nice pictures Don. I especially like the 3rd one. Nicely done.
Thanks.

After I took the third picture I pulled a book out of the camera bag, sat down, and hoped nobody else would come around. After a while they forgot about me and laid down for a rest....

Attachments

Click

Spends Too Much Time on This Forum
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Don Haines said:
After I took the third picture I pulled a book out of the camera bag, sat down, and hoped nobody else would come around. After a while they forgot about me and laid down for a rest....
:) ;D

dpc

EOS 5D MK II
Dec 11, 2013
Western Canada
Trailgoer said:
Here are a couple of profiles. Yes, I wish it was not as tight in front of the goat.

Goat was at Glacier National Park and Moose was in Cooke City which is just outside Yellowstone National Park

I particularly like the shot of the moose.