Pronghorns, deer, bison and other ungulates in the wild...

Jack Douglas said:
nc0b said:
Canon 6D, 100-400mm II @ 400mm, >1/1000 & f/8 & ISO 400. My back yard, Pawnee Grassland east of Ft. Collins, Colorado.

V nice. Great to have a back yard that's not concrete and pavement isn't it!

Jack

I work in new construction and the houses we are currently working is a newer division on the side of a mountain. For many with their back yards facing up the hill, the lucky owners are paying for a backyard about 15ft deep with a 30ft cement retaining wall at the end. From inside the house, looking out the back window on the main floor, you can not see sky. It feels like a prison. Yet people are still coughing up between 1.7-2.5 million per house! Ill try to remember to grab a picture.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Ryananthony said:
Jack Douglas said:
nc0b said:
Canon 6D, 100-400mm II @ 400mm, >1/1000 & f/8 & ISO 400. My back yard, Pawnee Grassland east of Ft. Collins, Colorado.

V nice. Great to have a back yard that's not concrete and pavement isn't it!

Jack

I work in new construction and the houses we are currently working is a newer division on the side of a mountain. For many with their back yards facing up the hill, the lucky owners are paying for a backyard about 15ft deep with a 30ft cement retaining wall at the end. From inside the house, looking out the back window on the main floor, you can not see sky. It feels like a prison. Yet people are still coughing up between 1.7-2.5 million per house! Ill try to remember to grab a picture.

Where?

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Ryananthony said:
Burke Mountain in Coquitlam, BC.

I see what you mean! Now if this was the property, it would be a little better: https://www.rew.ca/properties/R2191540/4225-cedar-drive-coquitlam-bc?property_browse=burke-mountain-coquitlam-bc

Still I wouldn't trade my 8 acres 15 minutes from Sherwood Park here in the good old Beaver hills. Trouble is they trapped my beaver and blew up his dam last year and now every creature is sad and many seemed to have moved away. It really hit home what an ecosystem is!

Jack

Upvote 0
https://www.rew.ca/properties/R2185019/1437-strawline-hill-street-coquitlam-bc?property_search=545304455

This is one of the latest properties we did. There are a few deer, couple of black bears and the odd cougar siting up here. but unfortunately they are all being pushed up the mountain. I used to live in Sherwood park and I too would rather be out there, then up here. I hope your wildlife returns soon.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Ryananthony said:
https://www.rew.ca/properties/R2185019/1437-strawline-hill-street-coquitlam-bc?property_search=545304455

This is one of the latest properties we did. There are a few deer, couple of black bears and the odd cougar siting up here. but unfortunately they are all being pushed up the mountain. I used to live in Sherwood park and I too would rather be out there, then up here. I hope your wildlife returns soon.

I enjoyed all the shots of that place. The view is pretty nice if you ignore the "city" aspect of it. It's nice to have a context relative to the CR posts form folk.

I've often thought about living in BC and our visit to Haida Gwaii had me really keen on a acreage property on the ocean there but then I came back to reality - my age. ;) I'll hopefully be a regular visitor to BC for some years to come. Very blessed to have the rocky Mountains so near.

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
clbayley said:
This isn't a great technical picture.. I was stretched to the limit.

But, who knew there are wild zebras in California!! These are wandering around Hearst Castle, and are the descendants of animals kept in a zoo at the castle.

Interesting. Maybe soon it'll be African lions. ;)

Jack

Upvote 0