Pronghorns, deer, bison and other ungulates in the wild...

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
+1

Nice pictures, Jack.

Thanks guys. My first thought was to contact Wildlife but capturing this guy would not be simple and so I more or less dismissed the thought. He/she really can't put weight on it but it certainly doesn't hinder feeding and there are no predators or even dogs here, so ??

Jack

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Don.
Very nice shots!
Is there a reason you stuck to such a low ISO and also low shutter speed that left you surprised to get clean shots, I know the snow streaks look cool! ;) Is it because you don’t use ISO’s higher than 2000 out of principle or was it specifically to get the snow blur?

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Hi Don.
Very nice shots!
Is there a reason you stuck to such a low ISO and also low shutter speed that left you surprised to get clean shots, I know the snow streaks look cool! ;) Is it because you don’t use ISO’s higher than 2000 out of principle or was it specifically to get the snow blur?

Cheers, Graham.
You guessed it..... slow shutter speed for snow streaks.

I was shooting out a car window, with the motor off to avoid vibrations and the lens wedged in place against the window.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
@MrFotoFool - Nice 'wide' picture Fred! Indeed you don't always need long tele to capture animals!
@Jack Douglas - Sorry about your garden, but this young calf is so endearing ... ;). Hope it's nothing serious making him limp on 3 legs :(
Wiebe.

Yesterday it was clear the limping is essentially gone. It's comical to see how he always kneels before my wife's flower bed to eat the plants (not comical to her so I take the heat)

I'm going through old shots and her is a Mama.

Nice deer Don.

JackMooseFemale_N0135.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0