Quick Lightroom question. Help please!

privatebydesign said:
Just out of interest, why would you want to process the jpeg rather than the RAW?

I'm experimenting with IR photography. Been having problem color balancing raw files. Have to import into DPP and then to photoshop and then to LR. Too many steps. And the end result doesn't seem significantly better than jpeg. So I'm taking both jpeg and raw. I process the jpeg. The RAW is just backup. I'm still trying to figure out an easier workflow with IR images.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
sunnyVan said:
privatebydesign said:
Just out of interest, why would you want to process the jpeg rather than the RAW?

I'm experimenting with IR photography. Been having problem color balancing raw files. Have to import into DPP and then to photoshop and then to LR. Too many steps. And the end result doesn't seem significantly better than jpeg. So I'm taking both jpeg and raw. I process the jpeg. The RAW is just backup. I'm still trying to figure out an easier workflow with IR images.

Interesting, thanks. Have you tried using the sliders in the 'Camera Calibration' panel in the Develop Module to get your own custom CFA response? They are very powerful and once you get a setting dialed in you could use it as an import preset. Maybe it might work and still give you that RAW editing control.

Upvote 0