Randomly moving focus point

Going crazy on this problem: when I let camera hang from neck, when I pick it up again and screen turns on, the focus point has moved. And if I move the camera, focus point blinks and erratically moves from center to new position.
Thanks
Yeah, this happens to me, less so nowadays. Always figured it was just the touch screen accidentally being activated? Trash can button (moves it back to centre) was my friend. These days I just turn off the camera off unless it is in my hands.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I have the issue with my R, its me and the touch screen. My right thump finds its way onto the screen, and my right fingers often brush it when picking the camera up.

Turn off the touch screen and see if the issue goes away. I like the touch to af, but a double tap would also be ok, and eliminate most of the issue.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
I have an easy fix for you, also use trash can as centering button, but in addition I’ve set the “SET”-button to deactivate touch. Normally I choose my AF placement and then just lock it buy pressing set-button. It becomes a habit really fast. I remember I was furious when I discovered the R couldn’t zoom to 1:1 on the actual focusing point used like all my previous bodies. But, started using double touch and I haven’t thought about it since..

Upvote 0