Rather dumb question about cropping in ACR

Sep 29, 2014
I crop an image. Later I need to make a minor adjustment to the crop. A soon I click the crop tool the full uncropped image appears on the screen. The originally cropped image is now a small highlighted area in the center of the image. Rather useless for detailed work. Is there a way of cropping an image and saving that image for later re-cropping?
Robert

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I crop an image. Later I need to make a minor adjustment to the crop. A soon I click the crop tool the full uncropped image appears on the screen. The originally cropped image is now a small highlighted area in the center of the image. Rather useless for detailed work. Is there a way of cropping an image and saving that image for later re-cropping?
Robert
I haven't tried this, but can't you just enlarge the view (hit command-plus or something)?

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
It’s not in ACR, it’s in PS, so ticking the box is destructive. Obviously you can save as so you are saving a copy.

Sorry if my answer didn’t help.
If you do that in PS, you can still go back to ACR and change the crop. Obviously you lose your work in PS, though.

Anyway, I still haven’t tried recropping in ACR to se whether that screen lets you zoom the view.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Making the crop permanent means no going back to re-edit. Save the cropped image as a jpeg image. Then you can crop it again.
That works as long as you are doing a closer crop. I don’t see any advantage to saving as a JPEG, though, since PS can edit all sorts of files, and repeatedly doing JPEG encoding causes further image degradation.

Upvote 0