Rebel T3i/600D, T3/1100D? [CR1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2010
Neuron said:
There's already a lot of product identity confusion, and products being too similar at too close a price point...

Really? Check out the PowerShot lineup some time. One year ago this month (Jan 2010), they launched 4 PowerShot models and they currently range in price from $80-110 at B&H. Just one month later (Feb 2010), they launched 4 more PowerShot models.

Like your nickname, by the way... :)

Upvote 0
N

Neuron

neuroanatomist said:
Really? Check out the PowerShot lineup some time. One year ago this month (Jan 2010), they launched 4 PowerShot models and they currently range in price from $80-110 at B&H. Just one month later (Feb 2010), they launched 4 more PowerShot models. Like your nickname, by the way... :)

Two wrongs don't make a right! Every time I pass by the P&S section in Futureshop or something I get scared off. So many similar products with the most minute of differences, we don't need that in the DSLR world.

Aha, I like yours too! I'm wrapping up my neuroscience/business degree, how about yourself?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Neuron said:
neuroanatomist said:
Two wrongs don't make a right! Every time I pass by the P&S section in Futureshop or something I get scared off.

So true - but at least picking the PowerShot S95 was straightforward for me - I wanted the biggest sensor I could get in a pocketable form factor, along with RAW shooting. That pretty much narrowed it to a selection of one.

Neuron said:
Aha, I like yours too! I'm wrapping up my neuroscience/business degree, how about yourself?

Undergrad and PhD in neuroscience, spent a lot of years teaching medical students, now doing basic research for a large pharma company.

Upvote 0
O

Osiris30

Stuart said:
Where would the new sensor come from? Canon would not make one just for this 1100 camera.

How about a revised 450D sensor. Take the basic layout and tweak the sensel design with a few modern goodies. The 450D is 12mp and a slight tweak on it's sensor in a tiny (relatively) form factor may make for a very compelling product especially if the pricing was right. Perfect for the casual photo with a lightweight prime on it.. especially a nifty fifty version of a 30/35mm prime (please dear lord, just do this Canon, PLEASE).

Upvote 0
Catastrophile said:
spam said:
As for new models, a 600D with an articulated screen would make the 60D harder to sell, but would give Canon one unique feature in this segment ...

not really unique (Panasonic G2).

didn't the old Nikon D5000 had that long time ago?

G2 is in another segment, and try shooting with that thing above ISO800 :-[
the A55 has one, so Canon is just following, they need one with those LCD screen in that segment/size/price point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.