refurbished lenses and flashes 15% off at Canon store

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VisuallyRich

Not sure exactly how great the Canon store is. I checked out the MKII and other bodies along with the 70-200 2.8 both IS and non-IS. The difference was not that much and when you took into account they charge tax no matter what state you are in the difference was just over $100 on a MKII body for example. I can't see the point of used vs. new when it comes to that small of a price. I believe the lens price difference was about $200 if that.

I have not watched the prices for that long on the Canon store, is this about normal ?

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This morning (Aug. 27) Canon put the 70-300 L on the refurbished list at 15% off (Final Price 1,087.) That's the first time this lens has ever shown up on the list. (I had been waiting and waiting, until finally breaking down and buying new last Spring -- but got an excellent price from Adorama on a one-day promotion so no regrets)

Anyway, it was still there a few minutes ago. Act fast and you might get lucky.

Upvote 0
The way the Canon Refurb store works is any lens, body or flash that appears there is sold at 20% off Canon list price (the price you see when you look it up on the Canon site). Normally, this is a bit under what the big camera stores charge. The caveats are: only a 90 day warranty, you do pay sales tax for most states, you will usually pay shipping costs, and, of course, there may be slight cosmetic imperfections on the gear. But, you will still see savings. I bought a 100-400 last year, and even after tax and shipping, it cost me about $150 (about 10%) less than the big camera stores charge just for the lens. You'd have to work it out for yourself if that's enough discount.

The current sale is 15% off the refurb price, so, effectively a 32% total discount from list price. And the tax you pay (if you do) is based on the 32% discounted price.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.