ReImagine: Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 live stream announced

*world date format, lol. The US is pretty much the only country that does it backwards.

Month first makes more sense when describing a date that is not in the current month, which would be ~83% of all dates in the year. YYYY/MM/DD is also acceptable. DD/MM/YYYY is an absolute nightmare when searching a database, for example. Sorry rest of the world. Our imperial measurement system needs to go, but our date format is better.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
“Hey Siri (or google or alexa), what time is it in New York right now?”

Then look at your watch. Do a little math. Then people will know what time the announcement will be locally. No time change coming up in the next week that I know about.

I can do better than that. As long as it's not around the time of the change forward or back, the time in Berlin is eight hours ahead of me. (We don't change at the same time as Europe, so it could be 7 or 9 hours around then.)

Since we basically have at least one person here who is screaming demanding to know if they really meant Eastern *Standard* Time, this makes more sense to me than trying to go through the New York middleman. Besides, why should a guy in Colorado have to give a good damn what those clowns in New York are up to?

Upvote 0
Jun 29, 2020
Some people here say they will pre order. What even does that actually mean?
Where will you preorder a camera that doesn't exist yet? Like ok I suppose the R5 you can preorder at B&H, but how do you preorder the R6?
Do stores already have the R6, do they already have an entry on their websites which they will make public at the time of the press conference or what?
Or do these people who say they will pre order just mean they will do so when the R6 appears in online stores days after the event?

Upvote 0

Starting out EOS R

EOS R5 - RF24-105mm F4L, RF70-200mm f2.8L
Feb 13, 2020
Can somebody edit the McKinnon, Adler and Cincotta bits out, or just wake me up for the Joy, Valenzuela, and Stableford bits?
Yup, I enjoyed Peter McKinnon for a short while but then stopped subscribing to his channel as it all seemed to be about him, his new studio, his camera cage and very little about taking normal photography. Why not replace him with someone who actually makes a living from photography lol. Very annoying chap! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Yup, I enjoyed Peter McKinnon for a short while but then stopped subscribing to his channel as it all seemed to be about him, his new studio, his camera cage and very little about taking normal photography. Why not replace him with someone who actually makes a living from photography lol. Very annoying chap! :ROFLMAO:
Photographers are so grouchy and bitter. I like the way it is filmed and it is inspiring if you break it down as a videographer. The channel doesnt claim to be more than what it is.

Upvote 0
Just a bunch of little kids here and it isn't even Christmas!;) And what does the better half get?:oops:

Jack

The better half just bought an expensive e-bike and has to sit still :D.
I wish i had never switched to sony, would have saved me a lot of money to spend it now. Im waiting for the R6, EF Adapter and the 70-200. I have many friends using Fuji or sony. I always loved canon and the way it works and klicks.. higher res on sony evf? pfff... i want my good battery life back which ist the thing im most curious about. With my 20D i managed to mage a whole weekend Trip to NewYork with one Battery. With the sony, (a7II) it ould last half a day max.

Upvote 0
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Upvote 0
Jan 30, 2020
It appears as though 90% of Americans don't realize what the S stands for and will happily continue to use it during Daylight Saving time months. Or if they think about it, they do realize it means "standard" but imagine "standard" is just "what everyone in the time zone is using as their standard today" (I.e., that it means "non daylight saving time")

I suggest to people who don't want to have to update their business hours on their websites every time the clock is reset, to just use "ET," "CT," etc. That doesn't help the folks in Arizona, for whom "MT" means, effectively, "PT" more than half of the year; they really should spell out "Mountain Standard Time."

(Note for Europeans who might be scratching their heads: Apparently on your continent the "S" stands for "Summer" (what we Yanks call "Daylight"), so it actually has the opposite meaning here than it does for you. So CEST is summer time, CET is winter time in Central Europe, here EDT is summer time, EST is winter time on our east coast.)
Canon should just put a countdown clock on its worldwide websites to remove any confusion...

Upvote 0
I use YYYY/MM/DD for files stored on my servers and whatever that the society I'm in expects the rest of the time. I want to minimize the confusion for other people and very few humans expect YYYY/MM/DD.

Our whole Team uses Filename_YYYYMMDD.XYZ ... or in real life: File_YYMMDD_Final_Final_V2_Copy.XYZ

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2020
Canon should just put a countdown clock on its worldwide websites to remove any confusion...

I’m more confused and baffled by the number of people who cannot seem to tell time. Do they not teach this anymore? Did you all know Newfoundland has its own time zone 1/2 hour different than Atlantic Time? Those good people must be totally lost!

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
I’m more confused and baffled by the number of people who cannot seem to tell time. Do they not teach this anymore? Did you all know Newfoundland has its own time zone 1/2 hour different than Atlantic Time? Those good people must be totally lost!

I'm more concerned with Canon putting June in the ical download instead of July. Timezones and things like daylight savings change a lot more than you think, but months not so much :)

Upvote 0