Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href=""></g:plusone></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href=""></a></div>
<p><strong>Pre Photokina

</strong>Canon will be announcing their Photokina products on September 17, 2012. We’ll be around to cover the new gear that will get announced.</p>
<p><strong>What to expect</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Canon EOS 6D</li>
<li>Canon PowerShot G15</li>
<li>Canon PowerShot S110</li>
<li>Canon Pixma Pro-10</li>
<li>Canon Pixma Pro-100</li>
<li>Canon EF 200-400 f/4L IS 1.4x (Finally Announced?)</li>
</ul>
<p>There has been very little mention of new EOS lenses, though we do expect some before the end of 2012.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Meh said:
So will be tonight around midnight EST? Hope the 6D is crap... so I won't feel bad about my 5D2. I don't want to get laughed at and ridiculed when out in public. People with modern cameras already laugh when they see the outdated CF cards I still use and don't even have an articulating LCD. It's embarrassing.
Then they don't know what they're talking & laughing about... ::)

Upvote 0
Meh said:
So will be tonight around midnight EST? Hope the 6D is crap... so I won't feel bad about my 5D2. I don't want to get laughed at and ridiculed when out in public. People with modern cameras already laugh when they see the outdated CF cards I still use and don't even have an articulating LCD. It's embarrassing.
Well honestly, what did you expect? You get out of the house and all of your lenses don't even have a red ring around them? I bet you secretly have a 580 flash too. Whats to point of evn going out to take pictures, you don't stand a chance. ;D

Upvote 0

Meh

Sep 20, 2011
SwampYankee said:
Meh said:
Well honestly, what did you expect? You get out of the house and all of your lenses don't even have a red ring around them? I bet you secretly have a 580 flash too. Whats to point of evn going out to take pictures, you don't stand a chance. ;D

That's another point of embarrassment, thanks for making me feel worse... people are always pointing out that I don't even have the flash built in and have to put a big old flash on. Sometimes when I put it on outdoors then even children start pointing and laughing and saying things like "oh, his camera is old it even needs a flash on sunny day... what was that made in like 2009.. hahaha" and then I have to reply "yeah, well your mother is fat so there".

Upvote 0
verysimplejason said:
mathino said:
IF 6D would have 11 point AF (cross-type) with center point double cross-type then OK - I will probably get one. If it is just 1 cross-type point - 5D Mk II is better for my needs. Fingers crossed !

no problem as long as it's cheap around 1500.

I think it wont come cheaper then 2k. Well, Im not saying Ill buy it right after announcement but Im ready for 2k price tag (with AF imrpoved compared to Mk II). If its just 1 cross-type in the center I would take a second look at Mk II.

...I think that it was published on canonwatch that current 650D AF module is better then 5D Mk II. So putting worse AF then Rebel line into entry FF makes no sense to me...

http://www.canonwatch.com/review-rebel-t4ieos-650d-is-a-great-entry-level-dslr/

Upvote 0

ecka

Size Matters!
Apr 5, 2011
Europe
www.flickr.com
mathino said:
verysimplejason said:
mathino said:
IF 6D would have 11 point AF (cross-type) with center point double cross-type then OK - I will probably get one. If it is just 1 cross-type point - 5D Mk II is better for my needs. Fingers crossed !

I think it wont come cheaper then 2k. Well, Im not saying Ill buy it right after announcement but Im ready for 2k price tag (with AF imrpoved compared to Mk II). If its just 1 cross-type in the center I would take a second look at Mk II.

...I think that it was published on canonwatch that current 650D AF module is better then 5D Mk II. So putting worse AF then Rebel line into entry FF makes no sense to me...

Get ready for $2500 MSRP ;).

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
ecka said:
mathino said:
verysimplejason said:
mathino said:

Get ready for $2500 MSRP ;) .

A $2500 MSRP would mean a €2500 MSRP price in Europe. That would be a NON-competitive price. For 400 euro more, you can get the 5D MKIII. It just does not make sense unless it is the opening price that needs to go down with at least 600 euro but only after 4 to 6 months. By then, most may have saved the money to buy the 5D MKIII

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.