Replacement to the DX MK2 ?

falcnr

1DX & 5DSR Canon glass
May 3, 2015
Hello all,
I've been off site for a while. Has there been any talk and timeline recently about a replacement to the 1DX MK2 ?
I am needing to replace my 1dX MK2 and was thinking of buying a second but wondered if there were any talk of a replacement coming in the pipeline. Sorry if this subject has been discussed but count find any recent debate on it. Thx

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,
I've been off site for a while. Has there been any talk and timeline recently about a replacement to the 1DX MK2 ?
I am needing to replace my 1dX MK2 and was thinking of buying a second but wondered if there were any talk of a replacement coming in the pipeline. Sorry if this subject has been discussed but count find any recent debate on it. Thx
Only rumour seems to be a Pro Mirrorless EOS R for 2019 ? https://www.diyphotography.net/2-ne...d-in-2019-including-one-high-resolution-body/

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

falcnr

1DX & 5DSR Canon glass
May 3, 2015
Why do you need to replace your 1dx2? As the others have said, you are probably looking at 1.5 years for the new one.
Put on several hundred thousand frames and I suspect some focussing issues following a recent tumble in its bag. No visible damage but I'm finding keeps rate has now dropped off along with a few freeze ups leaning towards connectivity issues. I'd take it in for service but i'm not fancying several trips back and forth to Canon service (Which in Dubai is awful). Just thinking of buying replacement but was concerned that there might be something in the pipeline I didn't know about. Love the camera and have 5DSR as back up for stills.

Upvote 0
Took my Canon 1DX MK II with me during our trip to Iceland last winter( December-January). Anyway, while walking on ice, I slipped and had a bad fall and my ! DX MKII, got off my hasnds and started bouncing on ice for about 3 meters Got so scared that something must have broken inside that it would be unsusable afterwards. After checking my 1 DX II , good thing, nothing happened and would you believe, while my 1 DX MK II was bouncing, it was taking pictures. I was even more hurt with fall than the !DX MK II.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Took my Canon 1DX MK II with me during our trip to Iceland last winter( December-January). Anyway, while walking on ice, I slipped and had a bad fall and my ! DX MKII, got off my hasnds and started bouncing on ice for about 3 meters Got so scared that something must have broken inside that it would be unsusable afterwards. After checking my 1 DX II , good thing, nothing happened and would you believe, while my 1 DX MK II was bouncing, it was taking pictures. I was even more hurt with fall than the !DX MK II.
If it had a lens on it, that is likely damaged internally, even if it seems ok, I'd have it checked out. A camera can have hidden internal damage as well,(bent parts, cracked circuit boards, AF sensor off, things that are not visible. A body is not as likely to suffer damage as a lens

Upvote 0