Reshoots advice

Does anyone have any advice, legal or otherwise on reshoots? I did a shoot following the clients directions and they weren't happy with the weather so they requested a reshoot, the location for the reshoot meant a $5,000 travel bill which they were happy to pay for and I offered to reshoot at no cost. However, they then asked me to do it with only 2 hours notice and I advised against it due to not enough time and weather conditions. They were desperate so I agreed to do it but there responsibility entirely. They weren't happy again and now want me to pay for an entire reshoot or pay for someone else to do it otherwise they will sue. (There is no contract, all over the phone.)

If things are starting to get contentious, I'd talk to a lawyer, or if you're a member of PPA or something similar see if there's a staff legal team for advice. And above all, this is why you get things in writing, even if it's a simple email saying "Here's what we agreed over the phone, please confirm that this is correct."

Upvote 0