Review: Canon EOS Rebel SL2

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
jthomson said:
Talys said:
On the bright side, it happened with computer CPU gigahertz :) Nobody cares whether a processor is 3.5GHz or 2.4 anymore;

Tell that to the gamers over-clocking to 5.0 GHz ;D.
One of the reasons Lightroom is considered slow is that raw file size has increased without a corresponding increase in CPU speed. More cores/threads don't help and adobe sucks at using the GPU.

Yeah, quoting that for being TOTALLY NOT TRUE. Not even remotely.

Lightroom is a piss poorly coded app, and we all know it. Heck, just open your cpu monitor and check how it ignores all those core. Adobe sucks.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
SecureGSM said:
Very interesting hypothesis indeed. unfortunately, it is not very well supported in actual SL2 RAW files :)
80D RAW files quality is still better than same of SL2 files both noise and pixel level sharpness by approx. 5%.
I am sorry for raining on your parade.

available
aceflibble said:
In other words, this little 'entry' SLR has the best APS-C image quality currently available from Canon. Better than the 80D. Better than the 7D2.

5% is almost literally nothing. It is good to know though.

I've had some misfocus issues several times on my rebels, but overall i've never found them affected by afma issues, with ANY of my lenses. I've shot a 70-200 extensively on a t2i, and i pixel peep like it was a gift from the digital image gods. All good in the hood always, and hopefully, forever :)

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
That's is good to hear. 5% of sharpness difference is An average sharpness Loss for a lens that is out of tune by around +/- 5 AFMA units and is likely noticeable for you (not for your clients, no :) )when review at 1:1 magnification on high pixel density bodies like 80D, 5DsR, etc..

ashmadux said:
5% is almost literally nothing. It is good to know though.

I've had some misfocus issues several times on my rebels, but overall i've never found them affected by afma issues, with ANY of my lenses. I've shot a 70-200 extensively on a t2i, and i pixel peep like it was a gift from the digital image gods. All good in the hood always, and hopefully, forever :)

Upvote 0