Review: Canon EOS RP

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Keith over at Northlight Images has completed his thorough review of the Canon EOS RP. I like reviews in which the reviewer is a working professional and bought the camera with their own money.
Keith gives the camera a mostly positive review, and most of what he has written I agree with.
From Northlight:
Canon’s EOS RP is an interesting mix of the advanced and the simple, with a definite nod to making it easy to use for people looking to move to a full frame camera.
It’s light and compact, weighing less than many entry-level DSLRs. It handles well with adapted Canon EF and other lenses, although at the time of writing, the selection of native RF lenses are mostly at the higher end, and definitely not at what most would call ‘consumer level’.
As a long time Canon DSLR user, I found the camera really easy to get the hang of. There are more than enough controls and buttons for any use of the camera I’d likely make, and the range of customisation options are useful...

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 users

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Nice review, thank you! Makes me even more thinking about adding a small and light RP as a backup to my current DSLRs... I was in particular interested in reading about your positive experience with the EF 50/1.4 focusing, because this small lens is a perfect match for the RP. I didn't sell mine when I upgraded to an EF 50/1.2. One of the reasons for upgrading was the quite erratic AF performance of the 1.4 on Canon's DSLRs.

Upvote 0