RF lenses and Lightroom Lens Correction profiles

Viggo

EOS 5D SR
Dec 13, 2010
Hello!

I recently learned that the reason Lr doesn't have RF profiles (except for the 24-105) is that they are built-in to the cr3 files and that Lr applies the correction automatically. However, I can't get that to apply to my files. I get the "unable to locate a matching profile automatically" message, instead of "Built-in lens profile applied"

Does anyone know why I can't or how I can enable?

I have turned it on or off in camera, but it didn't matter.
I use the RF 50 f 1.2 L .

Thanks!

Attachments

koenkooi

EOS RP
Feb 25, 2015
Same issue here. I thought it was due to using DNGs, but after extracting the CR3 and importing that into lightroom still no builtin profile. I rented the RF50 for a week, so I can't test with a CR3 that hasn't been extracted from a DNG.

I can only find one forum post on the adobe site that claims that RF profiles are both builtin and used by LR/ACR, where did you get your info from?

Attachments

Viggo

EOS 5D SR
Dec 13, 2010
Same issue here. I thought it was due to using DNGs, but after extracting the CR3 and importing that into lightroom still no builtin profile. I rented the RF50 for a week, so I can't test with a CR3 that hasn't been extracted from a DNG.

I can only find one forum post on the adobe site that claims that RF profiles are both builtin and used by LR/ACR, where did you get your info from?
That is the same source I saw, lol..

koenkooi

EOS RP
Feb 25, 2015
I hope that this isn't the case, these 'automatic' profiles can't be disabled currently in lightroom. There are a lot of request for a button to optionally disable them, mostly from M4/3 shooters.
I hope Adobe figures this all out by the time I have enough saved to buy that RF85 :)

Reactions: Viggo

Viggo

EOS 5D SR
Dec 13, 2010
I would’ve liked a vignette profile for the RF, perhaps I’ll have a go my self, it is annoying though...