RIP Chuck Westfall

ISO64

CR Pro
Jul 2, 2015
Chuck, rest in peace. I had met him at a conference in Baltimore where he was manning the Canon stand, beside all these suited people, he was the only one willing to have a chat, a long, long one. A true lover of photography, whose most difficult task was balancing what he knew with what he was allowed to say. He is now in a place where there is no noise...

Upvote 0

jhpeterson

CR Pro
Feb 7, 2011
A wonderfully moving service for Chuck yesterday, only fitting for a guy as real and generous as they get. If you ever met him, or even just conversed, it was most apparent. If you hadn't, you missed one of the best.
For, not only was he incredibly knowledgeable, he made you feel good and, no matter show stupid your question was, you were always a lot smarter around him.

Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Chuck was a GREAT man and a talented executive. I will miss him dearly. He gave of himself and always had a kind word, a firm handshake and advise that was immensely "on target" and well thought out.

I've never known anyone in the industry like Chuck who would take your calls, spend time with you at the shows and always write back. His smile was genuine and he didn't pull punches if he knew you were wrong and that "honesty and integrity" was a gift.

I'm upset because I didn't know he was sick and he never said anything. I feel so bad that I even bothered him with some things that seem so trivial compared to what he was going through. He never complained, he was and acted like someone in life who will be remembered as a "gentleman".

I miss Chuck, I always will.

Upvote 0