RSS is no more

SPKoko

EOS T7i
Sep 19, 2014
I do use RSS with the front page. Is that what you are removing? That would be a real pity! :'( Is it really so costly to maintain?

What alternatives do we have to learn about the latest posts?

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
I use Feedly, which I thought worked off of RSS.

But it's still working with today's posts, so CR Guy, have you already shut RSS off or is Feedly just populating itself another way (perhaps for any new dedicated URLs made)?

- A

Attachments

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
With 644879 Posts in 29661 Topics by 13856 Members, 100 using RSS is indeed insignificant. I don't think anywhere all of the members are active, buts its still a small number, and limited resources are best spent getting new rumors or features that more will use.

I use Facebook, and New CR posts pop up regularly, its a alternative, and there are a lot of Facebook followers, (99,129). I have CR posts set to appear first. Its certainly where a lot of the resources are best spent.

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
Holy dyslexia, Batman.

The use of an RSS web feed is so far removed from my working memory that when I read the topic title, I saw it as RRS — as in, Really Right Stuff — is no more. Whew!

Sharlin

EOS 6D MK II
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Sad. I used the RSS feed. RSS, even though almost dead, is still the best way to get a curated, categorized feed of high-signal-to-noise-ratio content pushed to you. None of the alternatives are even close. Though I guess I'm visiting this site frequently enough that I don't really need push notifications of new stuff...