Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
New rumored specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS M6 Mark II have appeared in our inbox. It looks like the new EOS M bodies are being shown to select dealers ahead of the expected August 28, 2019 (unconfirmed date) announcement.
Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications (Rumored)

32.5 mp APS-C CMOS sensor (new sensor technology for higher dynamic range)
DIGIC 8+ Imaging Processor
4K up to 30p (with no crop or 1.3x no pixel binning crop), Full HD up to 180p
No Canon Log but new Movie Picture Style
Dual Pixel AF Focus Guide
New Selfie mode and Vlog mode
Enhanced Movie IS
High-speed continuous shooting at a maximum of 16 FPS (with AE/AF)
RAW Burst mode at 30 FPS (with AE/AF)
Dual Pixel AF with expanded area
Eye AF (tracking possible)
Electronic shutter 1/16000s
Focus Bracketing
Supports external electronic viewfinder
USB-C charge power supply

Keep in mind these specifications are unconfirmed, hence the [CR1] rating. We’ll update the rating once we have confirmation one way or...
Continue reading...

Last edited:

IWLP

EOS T7i
Feb 15, 2011
Regarding the purported new sensor tech, this could be seen as being backed up by something that was stated in a Thom Hogan article recently:

Thom Hogan said:
Meanwhile, Canon supposedly is hard at work on a complete redo of their sensor lineup, but we’ve yet to see what that means. The M, R, and RP use older DSLR sensors; Canon’s next technology doesn’t yet exist in a camera, though I’m pretty sure it’s still progressing for deployment soon.

Joules

EOS 80D
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm extremely sceptical about this.

Sony just managed to get 610 MP/s throughput in their new high end monster DSLM. If Canon suddenly can pull 520 (32.5*16) and even up to 975 MP/s (32.5*30) in some burst mode from their Dual Pixel sensors in a mid level camera, they must have made some packt with the devil.

It can't be real. The internet would likely break from the shock that this would sent through the forum warrior community. Canon beating Sony on specs? Never.

FredEOS

EOS R / m50 / a6400
Jul 18, 2019
Reading this, I am eagerly looking forward to more 90D rumours ...
Reading this I’m more and more convinced that there will be no 90D lol. Rumors are getting more precise, bodies are in hand of the distribution network... no 90D.
New M5ii and M6ii with that kind of specs make sense in the actual mirrorless world and Canon strategy. M5ii will be the replacement for 7d and 80d, better everything and ... mirrorless ;)

Grimbald

I'm New Here
Sep 30, 2017
Well those specs would be awesome!

Regardless if one is interested or not in the M or D90 line, the specs and hopefully new sensor tech will give an indication what will be coming in the new full frame bodies.

Reactions: FredEOS and ThomsA

LSXPhotog

EOS RP
Apr 2, 2015
www.diossiphotography.com
So if these specs end up being true, I'm going to be a very happy EOS-M owner. There is a lot of potential with this camera system and this would really a whole lot of camera. That said, I will reserve my excitement until you guys feel more comfortable with the level of credibility. Right now, this just seems like a pipe dream from someone.

Reactions: FramerMCB and Rixy

goldenhusky

EOS RP
Dec 2, 2016
4k 30p with no crop or pixel binning
Full HD up to 180p (I guess admin or source meant to say 180fps?)
All these are not even closer to normally what Canon delivers. Canon is a company even if they can do it technically they will not offer these in a camera at this level. Good amount of salt required here.

criscokkat

EOS RP
Sep 26, 2017
Madison, WI
4k 30p with no crop or pixel binning
Full HD up to 180p (I guess admin or source meant to say 180fps?)
All these are not even closer to normally what Canon delivers. Canon is a company even if they can do it technically they will not offer these in a camera at this level. Good amount of salt required here.
Unless they are implementing the same but with even faster speeds on their other cameras. But yeah, it does seem out of the ordinary. Eventually though all of those patents might lead to *something*. :)

Enhanced Movie IS - so computational IS once again? Most probably means there is no IBIS yet. Also - external viewfinder. I like M6 design more than M5, it is just that hot-shoe would be useful for occassional flash photography (mostly talking external studio or portable strobes). Pity they did not come with the pop-up one, like with the G5 X mkII.

Reactions: canonical