Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

CanonFanBoy

EOS 5D SR
Jan 28, 2015
Irving, Texas
I believe that we won’t see anything else but mirrorless cameras in the future, and just let me know if anyone can name a camera released in the last 18 months by Sony, Nikon, Fuji, any competition, that is not mirrorless. There will be no 1Dx3 or 5D5 or 90D, but R and M bodies... hey guys wake up and get yourself a RF mount camera if you don’t want to be left in the dust...
Um... so far you are down two.... but you know that. ;) Sorry, down three. Pentax just announced a new APS-c DSLR.

Reactions: FredEOS

Dragon

EOS M50
May 29, 2019
I replaced my 5Div with the EOS R, that’s like a jump in the future. I think that people that didn’t make that switch just never tried the EOS R. I will never go back to a DSLR camera, and I think that Canon won’t either.

I believe that we won’t see anything else but mirrorless cameras in the future, and just let me know if anyone can name a camera released in the last 18 months by Sony, Nikon, Fuji, any competition, that is not mirrorless. There will be no 1Dx3 or 5D5 or 90D, but R and M bodies... hey guys wake up and get yourself a RF mount camera if you don’t want to be left in the dust...
My 90D works mighty well for a never-to-be-released camera.

Reactions: FredEOS and SteveC

JohnC

EOS M50
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
Regarding the M6 Mk2, the files I have played with look really good....much better than the M3 I had at one time. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on it for travel purposes and my children.

I don’t think I will be getting rid of the 5d4 though.

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
Regarding the M6 Mk2, the files I have played with look really good....much better than the M3 I had at one time. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on it for travel purposes and my children.

I don’t think I will be getting rid of the 5d4 though.
You can always get rid of it later if you change your mind.

(Getting rid of it and then getting back if you change your mind is harder.)

Danglin52

EOS T7i
Aug 8, 2018
My 90D works mighty well for a never-to-be-released camera.
I took a loaner R to the US Open Tennis event in NY. There is a lot I like about the camera, but it can't replace my action camera at this time and I think it is still be behind the 5dIV in AF. The firmware update may change things, but it definitely has a problem in burst mode. I am usually pretty good at capturing the ball just before / as it hits the racket with a 5dIV or 1dx II, but it was almost impossible with the R. With the DSLR, the frame rate and timing on the ball seemed to be pretty consistent once you had it locked in on the AF. It seems like the AF and VF had a increasing lag as you shot a burst and the buffer started to fill. Basically, it was hard to anticipate a shot because the AF & VF image got further behind the more shots you took so it threw off my timing - or I am getting old.

I believe Canon and others will overcome these type issues even if they have to add AI to help compensate. I will definitely move to an R if rumored high megapixel camera happens and I have a M6 II on the way. I bought a 90d to see if I could use it as a backup to my 1dx II (sold my 5dIV getting ready for an R type camera) and found it had some of the same issues with the AF keeping up with long bursts as the buffer started to fill. There are several posts on this on DP Review. The funny part is that some claim this problem goes away if you shoot the 90d in Live View. I haven't had a chance to test LV on my 90d yet. I am thinking I will send the 90d back and go with the M6 II since reviewers seem to think it has less issues with tracking stills.

BTW - The 90d images are actually very nice, especially when you consider it is a 32mp APS-C.

David

Dragon

EOS M50
May 29, 2019
I took a loaner R to the US Open Tennis event in NY. There is a lot I like about the camera, but it can't replace my action camera at this time and I think it is still be behind the 5dIV in AF. The firmware update may change things, but it definitely has a problem in burst mode. I am usually pretty good at capturing the ball just before / as it hits the racket with a 5dIV or 1dx II, but it was almost impossible with the R. With the DSLR, the frame rate and timing on the ball seemed to be pretty consistent once you had it locked in on the AF. It seems like the AF and VF had a increasing lag as you shot a burst and the buffer started to fill. Basically, it was hard to anticipate a shot because the AF & VF image got further behind the more shots you took so it threw off my timing - or I am getting old.

I believe Canon and others will overcome these type issues even if they have to add AI to help compensate. I will definitely move to an R if rumored high megapixel camera happens and I have a M6 II on the way. I bought a 90d to see if I could use it as a backup to my 1dx II (sold my 5dIV getting ready for an R type camera) and found it had some of the same issues with the AF keeping up with long bursts as the buffer started to fill. There are several posts on this on DP Review. The funny part is that some claim this problem goes away if you shoot the 90d in Live View. I haven't had a chance to test LV on my 90d yet. I am thinking I will send the 90d back and go with the M6 II since reviewers seem to think it has less issues with tracking stills.

BTW - The 90d images are actually very nice, especially when you consider it is a 32mp APS-C.

David
I actually bought the 90D for video. In crop mode it produces the best video Canon has put in a still camera and the crop works for me since I am looking for maximum reach with the 800mm without having to resort to a TC (at least most of the time). So far very pleased and also impressed with the still images. Have yet to try it with the 100-400, but expect it to be in the same league as the 5DSR for AF and that one works very well with the 100-400.