Rumored Canon EOS M6 Mark II specifications [CR1]

Mbell75

I'm New Here
Oct 21, 2018
if these specs are true, a lot of EOS R and RP owners with less than 1 year old bodies that cost a lot more will be looking at their cameras with disgust.

• Haha
Reactions: Kharan

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
kenko converters are like that but i think image stabilation dont work with them
IS works with a Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 2.0X DGX on my Canon bodies that were around when I bought the TC. It's inconsistent with bodies much newer than the TC. In general, AFMA has to be disabled to prevent the camera from locking up when the TC is attached and the shutter is released on bodies from late 2014 and newer. In this situation, IS may or may not be working - I haven't investigated the possibility of whether IS is working or not because the loss of AFMA at such long focal lengths is enough for me to eliminate the possibility of using it with those bodies.

Reactions: Pape

amorse

EOS 7D MK II
Jan 26, 2017
www.instagram.com
I replaced my 5Div with the EOS R, that’s like a jump in the future. I think that people that didn’t make that switch just never tried the EOS R. I will never go back to a DSLR camera, and I think that Canon won’t either.

I believe that we won’t see anything else but mirrorless cameras in the future, and just let me know if anyone can name a camera released in the last 18 months by Sony, Nikon, Fuji, any competition, that is not mirrorless. There will be no 1Dx3 or 5D5 or 90D, but R and M bodies... hey guys wake up and get yourself a RF mount camera if you don’t want to be left in the dust...
I did try the EOS R, and while it's a great little camera, it did take some getting used to. Have to reprogram that muscle memory. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable replacing my 5D iv with it yet, one because I'm not familiar enough with it yet, but two because the 5D iv does have some features that the R does not. If I break my 5D I'd probably look at the R as a cheaper replacement.

I'm not sure being left in the dust is a real risk in this transition though. DSLRs continue to work, and I think you can categorize the key benefits of mirrorless as several features which increase the likelihood of getting a shot. They all increase odds of success, to some extent, by providing features which help the shooter perform quickly and accurately. That can be a big help for some types of photography, but when your niche requires slow and thoughtful action, those mirrorless features don't add so much to success. I don't find myself missing a lot of shots because I can't keep focus or I'm getting my exposure wrong, or I can't see the screen, or I can't react fast enough. For people like me, mirrorless doesn't seem to add that much.

Yes, mirrorless comes with some great new features and technology, but it doesn't make the image for you, and it doesn't ease the process for some types of photography. For now, I prefer the optical viewfinder and haven't seen the need in my photography for those key features.

Last edited:

criscokkat

EOS RP
Sep 26, 2017
Madison, WI
My EOS R backs up my 5DIV, but doesn’t replace it. There are still a dozen regular situations that I encounter where a DSLR is superior. One of the minor ones is that RF lenses don’t have focus distance indicators on the lens which makes setting the focus to infinity near impossible manually.
I think this would be a great firmware update request. With RF lenses and modern bodies it should be straight forward to set a "Focus to Infinity" setting as a programmable button or mode. The camera already knows settings for the lenses for focus speed, distortions, etc, this would just be another setting.

Reactions: FredEOS and Pape

FredEOS

EOS R / m50 / a6400
Jul 18, 2019
Telling an owner of an 5DIV (or many other cameras) that they are going to be left in the dust is plain silly. Cameras are for taking photographs., and many cameras can be used to make excellent photographs.
Hahaha yes that wasn’t my point and we all agree to say that taking nice pictures and skills don’t depend on your gear. I meant mirrorless is what manufacturers are doing now and I doubt that Canon will let Sony and Fuji take the lead as DSLR sales dropped by 60% in the past year and represent now less than a third of te market and going down.

FredEOS

EOS R / m50 / a6400
Jul 18, 2019
You really think Canon will just abandon over half of the global ILC market? LOL.
Well I think any reasonable company that is making business is not going where the market is not going ;) DSLR is less than a third of the market now and quickly dying. So no, I don’t think we will see many new DSLR cameras in the future, and yes Canon might be the only one to do so to make a few niche sales with DSLR fanboys.
Look at this chart as a CEO and tell me what focus you give to your R&D department?
FE90E747-ED50-4F04-B39A-644ECDF748C1.png

Reactions: Kharan

unfocused

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
Well I think any reasonable company that is making business is not going where the market is not going ;) DSLR is less than a third of the market now and quickly dying. So no, I don’t think we will see many new DSLR cameras in the future, and yes Canon might be the only one to do so to make a few niche sales with DSLR fanboys.
Look at this chart as a CEO and tell me what focus you give to your R&D department?
View attachment 185835
There seems to be a very big and questionable footnote to your evidence:

*Based on a Sony Survey
I'd like to see figures from an independent third party.

lglass12189

Inside Rail
Mar 1, 2014
gallery.through-my-lens.com
View attachment 185835
Really, Based on a "SONY Survey" NOT real industry sales or manufacturing data. Trolls will believe anything!

Reactions: Michael Clark

privatebydesign

Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Jan 29, 2011
Not true. Trolls only believe what they want to believe.
I don't think you can draw any conclusions from what trolls believe from what they say, similar to politicians, they say what they need/want with the intention of getting the reaction they want, belief doesn't come into it.

Reactions: Kharan and stevelee

privatebydesign

Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
Jan 29, 2011
Interesting. If someone sincerely believes something does that mean they are not a troll?
I don't think you can draw that conclusion either.

I think people with misplaced but sincere beliefs could appear to be trolls, but I'd expect those types to be able to back up their claims/beliefs with actual images or data that support those beliefs/claims thereby giving their emotional attachment a basis in (their) reality. In my experience when they do present data or images it is relatively easy to illustrate that it does not show what they think it does and they go back to wherever they came from.

On the other hand trolls don't present anything of even cursory value and just think the louder they shout or the more reaction they get the more impressive their message is, in my experience their only belief is noise = good, reaction = even better, noisy reaction = nirvana.

Reactions: Del Paso