S120 Successor?

Granted there has been the G7X, however that is more of a Sony RX100 competitor and significantly more upscale at $700 compared to the S series which typically has ranged $400-$450.

S120 is currently down to $399 so maybe a successor is in the works, otherwise Canon seems to have a gap in their line up. Think we will see a replacement coming in January as it is now past due?

Mitch.Conner

It was all a lie.
Nov 7, 2013
Mt Spokane Photography said:
anon is dropping low end cameras and concentrating on higher end models. I don't know if there will be a S120 follow on;

I would have considered the S120 high end (for an ultra compact point and shoot), until the G7X came out.

If they're both the same size, weight, etc. more or less, I imagine the G7X will take over where the S120 left off.

Upvote 0
I doubt there will be a S130. Seems 1 inch sensors are the new high end compact. I mean who is going to get a S130 when the size difference between it and the GX7 is negligable, while the sensor is leaps and bounds better? Plus sticking with 1 inch sets the high end apart from consumer 1/2.3 inch compacts. Not much difference between 1/2.3" and 1/1.7" in the S120. But who knows what they will decide to do...............

Upvote 0

Lee Jay

EOS 7D Mark II
Sep 22, 2011
Solar Eagle said:
I doubt there will be a S130. Seems 1 inch sensors are the new high end compact. I mean who is going to get a S130 when the size difference between it and the GX7 is negligable,

It's not negligible when you have to put it in your pocket! I was going to buy an S120 but I found it slightly too big for my pocket.

Upvote 0

Mitch.Conner

It was all a lie.
Nov 7, 2013
Lee Jay said:
Solar Eagle said:
I doubt there will be a S130. Seems 1 inch sensors are the new high end compact. I mean who is going to get a S130 when the size difference between it and the GX7 is negligable,

It's not negligible when you have to put it in your pocket! I was going to buy an S120 but I found it slightly too big for my pocket.

They make (or at least used to if they don't still) a nice leather belt case for it. I use it for my S95 almost 100% of the time.

Maybe one is available/coming for the G7X too?

Upvote 0

Lee Jay

EOS 7D Mark II
Sep 22, 2011
Mitch.Conner said:
Lee Jay said:
Solar Eagle said:

They make (or at least used to if they don't still) a nice leather belt case for it. I use it for my S95 almost 100% of the time.

Maybe one is available/coming for the G7X too?

That's helpful. I wear a belt about 5% of the time. One time I had a phone on a belt clip. While climbing a tower it fell of and fell 80 feet to a steel floor.

If it doesn't fit in my pocket it doesn't go with me.

Upvote 0
Lee Jay said:
Solar Eagle said:

True. Everybody has different sized pockets so negligible to one is too much for another.

Upvote 0