Save on SanDisk Extreme PRO CFexpress Cards

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama has a sale on select SanDisk Extreme PRO CFexpress cards for a limited time.
It might not be a bad idea to have a CFexpress card ready for the Canon EOS R5 in July, stock levels may be an issue once that camera is released.

SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO CFexpress Type-B Card, 1700MB/s Read, 1400MB/s Write $549 (Reg $599)
SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO CFexpress Type-B Card, 1700MB/s Read, 1200MB/s Write $359 (Reg $399)
SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO CFexpress Type-B Card, 1700MB/s Read, 1200MB/s Write $189 (Reg $249)
SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO CFexpress Type-B Card, 1500MB/s Read, 800MB/s Write $99 (Reg $149)

You must use the coupon code GRADUATION at checkout to see the sale prices in your cart.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
Thanks. Just ordered a 128 GB one to get ready. All our foreign photo trips for the year have been cancelled or delayed to 2021 except for our private Africa trip in Sept which we're still waiting to see what the situation will be. Probably won't pan out since we're scheduled to go to 4 countries over 1 mo and the likelihood of getting hung up in one place over a Covid outbreak/regulation is just too high. May end up going to one country and delay the other 3 to next year.
Catherine

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I am personally waiting for Prime day.
You might be waiting for a while, its been delayed. They might have it later this year. However, sellers have already purchased stock in anticipation and will need to move it. We are likely seeing some of those sales already. Amazon paused receiving additional products except for food and medical because they were overwhelmed with orders. I can now send inventory again, but since I'm don't sell the typical Prime Day items, I won't miss it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
You might be waiting for a while, its been delayed.
Thanks! I see September as the expected new timeframe for Prime Day. My demand for high end fast cards depends on fall HS sports and whether they happen or not.
It will be interesting to see the throughput I get on just a high end SD card too in the short run which I already have but just a 128gb.
But I have to see pricing for the new R5 and see my budget as it gets close unless there is a screaming good deal before then. I am planning on a 256 gb card at the minimum. My business is off dramatically right now as my meat and potatoes is event work.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks! I see September as the expected new timeframe for Prime Day. My demand for high end fast cards depends on fall HS sports and whether they happen or not.
It will be interesting to see the throughput I get on just a high end SD card too in the short run which I already have but just a 128gb.
But I have to see pricing for the new R5 and see my budget as it gets close unless there is a screaming good deal before then. I am planning on a 256 gb card at the minimum. My business is off dramatically right now as my meat and potatoes is event work.
I'm also wondering about paying a premium to get a early copy. There may be a 64 GB card and card reader included which would soften the blow of buying a larger one until I actually need it. In reality, it will not likely produce notably better images than my 5D MK IV, just have some new bells and whistles. I don't do video, so that is not a feature I'd use.

Upvote 0
I'm also wondering about paying a premium to get a early copy. There may be a 64 GB card and card reader included which would soften the blow of buying a larger one until I actually need it. In reality, it will not likely produce notably better images than my 5D MK IV, just have some new bells and whistles. I don't do video, so that is not a feature I'd use.
I have a local camera store that I have a relationship with. Back in about Feb., when I felt the specs were solid and that it was coming for sure, I asked them to put my name on their list for it. I am guessing that I am either the first or second on that list at this point. They are a major dealer for Canon so they will get an initial shipment. I've done that with several camera bodies in the past. I have my sales tax exemption with them since I qualify for that through the manufacturing tax exemption in Texas. Maybe you could do the same? I do like supporting local when I can. I rarely buy anything there except brand new bodies or new lenses.

Maybe they will have a reader ship free? I'll need an adapter for EF since all of my lenses are EF since I still have a number of EF bodies. Hopefully they will include both although I have really been tempted by the control ring unit and the ND unit.

Upvote 0