Says it all

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
From my local professional dealership.

Both described as "mint -", which means basically brand new.

Shows how much the Market cares about another stop or so of DR. Says it all really. Personally I'd be annoyed if my chosen brand of asset was depreciating so much faster than its other equal.

Incidentally it is very rare for them to get a used 5DIII in. This is only the second I have ever seen them get.

Attachments

• ouch !.png
    ouch !.png
    528.9 KB · Views: 209
Sep 8, 2014
te1973 said:
why the hell 90 percent of all advertisements, be it prof. dealers, ebay, classifieds show cameras with without cap?
says all about their competency.
i don't like to open my cameras for more than 2 seconds when chang ing the lens.

You mean that's not OCD when I get irritated by seeing that in camera images?

The only reason I will look at a Canon vs Nikon debate is when someone asks me for recommendations on a "My first DSLR." I don't have the budget to switch systems so I don't bother looking at the grass on the other side to see if it is greener.

Upvote 0
te1973 said:
why the hell 90 percent of all advertisements, be it prof. dealers, ebay, classifieds show cameras with without cap?
says all about their competency.
i don't like to open my cameras for more than 2 seconds when chang ing the lens.

Exactly! I don't want to buy it now, you've let all the dust in. Cheers! ::)

What is the reason behind this anyway? To show us the mirror? The condition of the mount itself? I'd rather have a scratched up mount than a dirty sensor so put that damn cap back on!

Upvote 0
Sporgon said:
Shows how much the Market cares about another stop or so of DR. Says it all really.

Does it? Personally, I don't see the connection between the prices and dr, and neither a direct link between a single spec and market price.

I just recommended the d800 to a friend of mine because the price is so ridiculously low esp. compared to the 6d. But the reason simply is that the d800 has a successor on the market, while 6d/5d3 don't (yet) - and the "latest model" badge is what counts a lot as Canon's yearly Rebel releases prove.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi.
That reminds me I need to clean the big dob of crud off my 20D sensor. I don't like to change lenses unnecessarily, but don't let it prevent me when another lens will be better. I'm trying to enlighten my friend, he takes his lens off and fits a body cap when he puts his camera away!

Cheers, Graham.

te1973 said:
You like to see at least one shot of the mirror?????????
Ever seen a DSLR without a mirror???

Ever taken a shot with f22 having blue sky in the frame?
Says it all.....

My opinion: Anybody who is serious about photography would never leave the cam open.
Only if you take pictures like Ken Rockwell you can leave your cam open all year.

Upvote 0