Seashore, Beaches and Harbours

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
dpc said:
Don Haines said:
A cliche tourist shot, but I didn’t feel like cooking tonight and they have great fish and chips.....

Nice one! Peggy's Cove? 8)

Yes, Peggy’s Cove..... I tend to avoid the place in the summer as it is crawling silly with tourists... I should go out on a weekday in August and shoot people..... it gets so crowded that the roads get blocked with cars trying to get in.....

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
The harbor at Victoria, BC:

IMG_1644.jpg

This was taken from my fifth floor hotel room window. Note the leaves on the window ledge in the foreground. The picture is obviously unsharp, magnified as the reduced version is by this board's software. I can't put my finger on one thing that causes the softness, the spreading of the overexposed lights, the ripples in the water, the focus too close, and other things. But oddly, it is the impressionistic look that I like about the picture. I printed it on large paper and have it framed, and it doesn't look any more unsharp in a large size.

It won't win any photo contests, but somehow conveys the way things looked to me at the time.

Upvote 0
stevelee said:

IMG_1644.jpg

This was taken from my fifth floor hotel room window. Note the leaves on the window ledge in the foreground. The picture is obviously unsharp, magnified as the reduced version is by this board's software. I can't put my finger on one thing that causes the softness, the spreading of the overexposed lights, the ripples in the water, the focus too close, and other things. But oddly, it is the impressionistic look that I like about the picture. I printed it on large paper and have it framed, and it doesn't look any more unsharp in a large size.

It won't win any photo contests, but somehow conveys the way things looked to me at the time.
Great colorful shot!

Upvote 0
stevelee said:

IMG_1644.jpg

Nice picture. Makes me wish I was back in Victoria. Spent five weeks there this winter. 8)

Upvote 0