Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
This past weekend I was in Indianapolis to help shoot a fashion show. I also got to shoot several different models solo. Shelly Torres is one of those models that is nearly impossible to make look bad.

Canon 5D Mark III, EF 135mm f/2L @ ISO 100, 1/250 sec, f/2, and natural light.

Attachments

• Model 11 web.jpg
    Model 11 web.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Model 11.1 web.jpg
    Model 11.1 web.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Nice work CFB. Any particular reason you went with b&w for them?

Thank you!

Well, there is and there isn't. I've made friends with a photographer (He's kind of a big deal in the fashion world, but I won't drop his name.). He suggests that the photos I would hand to prospective agencies etc., should be B&W. I haven't worked since January 2015 so I am trying to get better at all this so that I can work for myself. He's taken me under his wing and I think I should listen to him. I am very fortunate to have met him by chance. Out of this show I have actually got some paid work coming up. The biggest things I have to work on is posing the models, (Pookie, posted above, is extremely good at that and everything else.), and composition. Those are the hardest thing about it.

This is from the model boot camp at a charity fashion show. So no pay, but some much needed experience. I can't afford to pay models, and my friend tells me to never do that again.

Here she is in color. That's really her skin. I had to do nothing with her in post. She made things easy.

Attachments

• Model 22 web.jpg
    Model 22 web.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
Thank you!

Well, there is and there isn't. I've made friends with a photographer (He's kind of a big deal in the fashion world, but I won't drop his name.). He suggests that the photos I would hand to prospective agencies etc., should be B&W. I haven't worked since January 2015 so I am trying to get better at all this so that I can work for myself. He's taken me under his wing and I think I should listen to him. I am very fortunate to have met him by chance. Out of this show I have actually got some paid work coming up. The biggest things I have to work on is posing the models, (Pookie, posted above, is extremely good at that and everything else.), and composition. Those are the hardest thing about it.

This is from the model boot camp at a charity fashion show. So no pay, but some much needed experience. I can't afford to pay models, and my friend tells me to never do that again.

Here she is in color. That's really her skin. I had to do nothing with her in post. She made things easy.

Well, I gotta say I'm a fan of the colour version! That's just me though - I've never been a big fan of b&w photography so I'm usually going to favour a colour version. Obviously there are a lot of people who would disagree with me though :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0