Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Stay alert, control the camera, save photos
Aug 16, 2012
Hi Jack.
Absolutely, I grew a thick skin in school thanks to the bullies, not too thick though, I’m always willing to learn but can shrug off pointless criticism!

Cheers, Graham.
Graham
I don't think it was a criticism - ISv, with his usual sharp perception and wit, saw the ruffled feather ball on the tit's shoulder as a pom pom, and in the US cheerleaders are also called pom pom girls.
Alan

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Alan.
I know absolutely that it was not criticism, I was responding to Jacks response to my previous response to ISv.

Jacks response, “I think all, well, at least most of us see things this way and want to improve. If it's valid - use it to improve and if it isn't then ignore it and in all cases don't get hurt feelings! :)

Cheers, Graham.

Graham
I don't think it was a criticism - ISv, with his usual sharp perception and wit, saw the ruffled feather ball on the tit's shoulder as a pom pom, and in the US cheerleaders are also called pom pom girls.
Alan

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Kit.
Initially I thought it might be doing the feather dance! :ROFLMAO:
If the opportunity arises I will most certainly ask for two pom-poms next time.

Cheers, Graham.

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Hi ISv.
I didn’t feel it was critical, more that it was a different perspective on a subjective image. Also I believe if you were to criticise an image of mine it would be a considered and constructive criticism, telling me that you felt my image was worthy of improvement.

Cheers, Graham.
Hi Graham! It was just that feather that remind me the pom-poms of the cheerleaders:)!
It has nothing to do with the quality of the photo - only the expression (and my association - for different people the association could be different).

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Hi Tex.
Some beautiful birds there, nicely shot.
I guess this might be the first time (you shoot sports, so maybe not) that you have hit that dilemma point of super fast movement, overcast light made worse by tree cover and trying to get the shutter speed high enough to completely freeze the subject without pushing the 7DII iso too high, welcome to the world of birding! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sooo, are you addicted yet,:unsure: itching for the next opportunity? :unsure: No, then don’t do it again or you will be!:ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Graham.
I will add one more (challenging) problem: birds use to get scared and they just flush - GAME OVER:), there is not second and so on quarters, set, halftime... it's just the end of the game. You wait till the next game and with some rare birds it may not happen - ever:cry:!

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Graham
Alan
Damn it... again I answered before I read your comment! I just go step by step - the pages in this topic are rolling too fast (but hey - it is good!!!). And again we are on the same page anyway(y)!