Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Not much on the bird front from me - boring species and not so much of quality. I wish I put little bit more effort on the last one (Oahu Amakihi in the next post) but it is what it is...

DSC_5162_DxO.jpg
DSC_5301_DxO.jpg
DSC_5314_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
One more try with the problematic file...
Is this a Bulbul? I find them very cute.
First photo of the first post is Red-vented Bulbul. Second and third are fledgling of Red-whiskered Bulbul.
First photo in the second post is a fledgling of Chestnut Munia after that Cattle Egret and the last one is Oahu Amakihi.

Reactions: Jack Douglas

HenryL

5D Mk IV
Apr 1, 2020
Nice pics ISv...never seen any of those (well except for the cattle egret). I feel like such a noob. :ROFLMAO: Thanks for sharing!

HenryL

5D Mk IV
Apr 1, 2020
Been a short while since I contributed...between clouds and rain and just being busy with life, I still managed to get out each week and grab a few additions for the thread. Been experimenting with DXO, C1, and Denoise lately as well.

Lovely early morning light
M62_3020-Topaz.jpg

and the lights pretty sweet in the evening, too
M62_3266-Topaz-2.jpg

Sometimes birds express frustration, too...I can relate to this guy. Seriously. Where's my R5? :LOL:
7D2_4388_DxO.jpg

And one gratuitous non-avian contribution if I may...but he did sneak up on me yesterday while I was photographing birds. Does that count? Made me laugh, he popped out of the grass, saw me standing there, and after a few seconds walked right back in as if he intended to all along.
M62_4172-Topaz-2.jpg

HenryL

5D Mk IV
Apr 1, 2020
Not a glorious or very scenic location, but she found an outdoor table at the local feeding pond. I had been watching this character hunt for almost an hour, diving several times but coming up empty. As (bad) luck would have it, after I gave up and reached my car, she scored! Brat...

M62_3284_DxO.jpg

AlanF

Stay alert, control the camera, save photos
Aug 16, 2012
Just came across this old shot I took of a Little Egret catching a Common Darter dragonfly, taken on a 5DIII and 300mm f/2.8 II + 2xTC, a tiny crop which I have now enlarged 2x using Topaz Gigapixel. That lens with the 2xTC is phenomenally sharp, and I had some very satisfying shots with it on the 5DIII. A gem of a lens, which could be reworked as a lighter weight RF version to go with a high resolution sensor.
egret+darter_dragonfly_2U4A7398-DxO_SH2_00x.jpg