Show your Bird Portraits

tomscott

Photographer & Graphic Designer
Tawny Owl fledgling, Cumbria

Super cute! Absolutely love owls and this was my first ever sighting! This little fledging, just out of the nest, I caught while walking around Hilton, Appleby

Canon 5DMKIV 100-400mm MKII 1.4X MKIII

#tomscottphotography
See more of my work at
https://www.instagram.com/tomscottphotography/
http://facebook.com/tomscottphotographycumbria/

Tawny Owl, Fledgling, Hilton, Appleby, Cumbria

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Don't pay attention to the subspecies for most of the species (some species are exception!) - you have to have the bird in hand and even better - take DNA sample and proceed it in well equipped lab (but even then you could get in trouble because the gene fluctuations/mixing and whatever else).
First two - juvenile White-Rumped Shama, next two Red Crested Cardinal (has nothing to do with the Cardinals!) and the last two are that baby White Tern that I posted before - now ~two weeks grown! The Wite Tern photos in very windy conditions and badly overcast sky.

View attachment 190764View attachment 190765View attachment 190766View attachment 190767View attachment 190768View attachment 190769
Great shots, as usual. I hope the labs are processing Covid-19 DNA samples rather than 19 subspecies of Corvid at this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Very nice series, ISv.
d055.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Great shots, as usual. I hope the labs are processing Covid-19 DNA samples rather than 19 subspecies of Corvid at this time.
Both! You can't work on vaccine without knowing the variations in ssRNA (and the spike protein as result of the variations) of the virus. To know these variations you have to take samples and process them (and simultaneously obtain also results for the frequency and spread of the infection).

Upvote 0