Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Eldar said:
ISv said:
A lot of great shots when I was out of the site! Really tasty!
Hey, Jack - nice shots of "small birds in fly" - I take the message!
Here are mine from today (didn't find the bird I was looking for, took these just randomly, all of these are common birds around).
Really nice ones ISv. Most of us would have loved to have these as "common" birds around :)
Thanks Eldar! But don't be jealous - I wish to have around the number of species you have at your place (and I bet 99% of them are not ever seen in the nature here - huh... if not more!).
On other hand - your pelican is something I have seen in Europe, impressive bird!

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
ISv said:
Eldar said:
ISv said:
A lot of great shots when I was out of the site! Really tasty!
Hey, Jack - nice shots of "small birds in fly" - I take the message!
Here are mine from today (didn't find the bird I was looking for, took these just randomly, all of these are common birds around).
Really nice ones ISv. Most of us would have loved to have these as "common" birds around :)
Thanks Eldar! But don't be jealous - I wish to have around the number of species you have at your place (and I bet 99% of them are not ever seen in the nature here - huh... if not more!).
On other hand - your pelican is something I have seen in Europe, impressive bird!
Nice shots, you guys. For sure the grass is greener outside my fence but I try to remind myself it's also about being creative with what I have here to shoot. Here's some inspiration (not just birds).

http://www.wildencounters.net/favourites/

Jack

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
HB said:
I spent 3hrs yesterday waiting for a kingfisher to come in for image taking, plenty of flyby views but never close enough, the supporting cast provided entertainment to pass the time without being bored.
Sorry about you missing your kingfisher, but you captured the entertainment very nicely indeed :)
Especially like the long tailed twits - sooo cute ;)

Wiebe.

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Jack Douglas said:

My very few sightings of the Belted left me in awe as to how anyone could get flight pictures and I still have that feeling. However, like anything in life, humans are humans and if something is being done there must be a way. Not to suggest it's easy by any means, so I'm all ears. I know with my chickadee flight shots of which a few were really good it had more to do with luck than my skill but it did involve scheming and lots of persistence with a plan that had merit.

After a few days of utter failure I had things tuned so that finally, in about 4 hours, I managed a couple half decent. Nothing new but here's one I don't think I posted before?? Of course one needs many birds for many opportunities and in this case a blind.

BTW, it should be pretty obvious that there was no tracking involved. ;) I now have a Miops but not then, so there was no laser involved.

Jack
Nice approach to landing Jack! You can almost see it going to reverse thrust ;)
Goes to show that practice makes perfect - with the perseverance needed to practice enough...

Wiebe.

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nice picture.

CTJohn said:
Found a new one. I think it's a juvenile Yellow Crowned Night Heron, but would appreciate any more knowledgeable guidance.
Yes, it is.

tron

EOS 5D SR
Nov 8, 2011
Eldar said:
Another one of the Dalmatian Pelican. A fascinating bird, with a lot of attitude and looks to kill.
Eldar,

Very nice as the previous ones.
It looks as a professionally made studio portrait :)

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Eldar said:
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have about 5.000 images of these pelicans, so I can bore you to death with them ;)

"Hey dude, got a fish to spare?"
Me thinks he says: "Hey dude, got a camera to spare?" :eek:
Very nice shots Eldar!

jprusa

EOS RP
Apr 29, 2013
Eldar said:
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I have about 5.000 images of these pelicans, so I can bore you to death with them ;)

"Hey dude, got a fish to spare?"
Another great shot!