Show your Bird Portraits

Wm

7DMKII
Jun 11, 2018
LA
So I’m new at this, but got a few shots below while in nc. Had to take them through a dirty glass door. Oh well, good practice though. All the others are beautiful. I’m guessing I could have gotten the birds more in focus if I had increased the focal points[ not sure if that’s the correct terminology] the red dos in the viewfinder....... Tks!

4A48AB80-4459-4018-8BF3-DF692A2883BA.jpeg80A32B36-30C9-4FC6-9FC9-CF523E59624D.jpeg

Upvote 0

beforeEos Camaras

love to take photos.
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2014
So I’m new at this, but got a few shots below while in nc. Had to take them through a dirty glass door. Oh well, good practice though. All the others are beautiful. I’m guessing I could have gotten the birds more in focus if I had increased the focal points[ not sure if that’s the correct terminology] the red dos in the viewfinder....... Tks!

View attachment 180097View attachment 180098
question what camera you use?

it looks like your focal point is on the feeder humming birds are extremely hard to capture as being super fast.

the Sutter speed must be 2500 to 4000 on rebels , on xx D and X D 2500 to 8000. also on Ai Servo to track the subject and fps set to max speed.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017

Wm, the info that you are giving is not helpful to help you:)! I don't have the impression that the speed or the "red dots" are the reason for the bird being out of focus. It looks like it's out of the DOF, and out of the exposure. Did you pre-expose/focus on the feeder and lock the values? Sorry, I don't know your system, there are better people around to help with this.

Upvote 0
More of the same. On other hand the transition of the Chestnut Munia from juvenile to adult plumage is interesting (there were no identical birds between the~15-20 in that flock!). Despite I always talk myself "stop taking pics of Shama" - two more (I just can't stop:oops:!).

Nice sets ISv, those Munia's still have quite a way to go to their full adult plumage...
I thought the Shama's had relatively long tail feathers, is it just the perspective that hides those or are yours different in that respect?
Wiebe.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nice shot, Maling.
smile.png

Upvote 0

Berowne

... they sparkle still the right Promethean fire.
Jun 7, 2014

Seems to me, that the hummingbird is not so much out of Focus. Perhaps more a Problem of motion blur. But as you removed all the Exif-Data we cannot have an idea how to help you with your gear.
CRF-1-13.jpg

Upvote 0