Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Jack,
Dogs give a lot of pleasure. BUT, they tie you down. I have two at home. When we travel, we have to look for sitters, cost almost as much for that as traveling.
The smaller of out two is a killer, loving, cute and smart.
Better get a un-mirror or mirrored camera. ;)
-r
If I show these photos, that's it for me. We like to travel with the motorhome and I can't imagine hiking with a dog like that left behind cooped up! :cry:

Riley, I already have that problem for our African Grey but so far my daughter keeps him. I wouldn't have the heart to include a dog. It's kind of sad since I grew up with and love dogs.

Jack

AlanF

5DSR
Aug 16, 2012
Arrived this morning in Kuwait City on the overnight flight from London. I threw in a small camera in case I saw any birds. The grounds of the hotel proved to be promising with plenty of pigeons and doves, and then I came across some very skittish Hoopoes and had to work hard to get some shots. For the first time, I got one with full head dress.
DSC03614-DxO_hoopoe_closest.jpg
DSC03636-DxO_hoopoe_headdress.jpg

Last edited:

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Great shots Alan!!!
I love the Hoopoe - reminds me the country site where I was used to spend most of my summer time, they were common there.

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
And I have some from today. The goal was to monitor the Golden plover that I posted before - we need to see it after the complete transition to non breeding plumage in order to be 100% sure it is the American Golden Plover. The primaries and the flying feathers of the tail are still so worn for definite ID.
Succeed to take a photo of it's right side too (no new info there). And two photos of Yellow-fronted canary - it got in my way when I was chasing the plover:)!
DSC_0491_DxO.jpg
DSC_0606_DxO.jpg
DSC_0549_DxO.jpg
DSC_0564_DxO.jpg

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Nice bonus to be able to spot and shoot those birds when travelling Alan! Very nice pictures of Hoopoe, Shrike and Bulbul (y)

Nice sets of the unidentified golden plover ;) and the yellow fronted canary ISv! As for the Golden Plover - if you are not able to positively identify it, there can only be few people left with the knowledge to do so... (my identification stopped at "golden plover, any variant"...)
W.

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Nice bonus to be able to spot and shoot those birds when travelling Alan! Very nice pictures of Hoopoe, Shrike and Bulbul (y)

Nice sets of the unidentified golden plover ;) and the yellow fronted canary ISv! As for the Golden Plover - if you are not able to positively identify it, there can only be few people left with the knowledge to do so... (my identification stopped at "golden plover, any variant"...)
W.
Thanks Wiebe! There are better birders (incl. professional ornithologist) engaged with this plover now.