Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

EOS 5DS R
Aug 16, 2012
Alan, my major shooting holiday was not possible due to all the forest fires in BC. It was unbelievably smokey even in Alberta; actually unhealthy for asthmatics like me. Otherwise I could list a lot or reasons, including crummy weather, why this has been a very poor summer for me with the camera but there is always tomorrow - I hope. Oh well, there is also CR to view nice shots! No shortage thanks to the new and/or faithful posters.

Jack
Sorry to hear that. Our last holiday in Nova Scotia was affected by fires near Kejimkujik park in 2016.

Don Haines

posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Sorry to hear that. Our last holiday in Nova Scotia was affected by fires near Kejimkujik park in 2016.
Also sorry to hear that.... and likewise about Keji.... I love it there, and have been going since.... well..... Ummmm...... I watched the moon landing there on a portable TV :)

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
My shooting exercise started today with ISO 100-200 and finished with 1000 (at speed 1/400, f7.1) - from bright blue sky to overcast. Very hot in the beginning and ~every body (not me and I'm sorry for that:cautious:) was in the water:)! Posting only the Java sparrow - I think I haven't posted much of them (?). My attention to the Red-vented Bulbul was due to the strange, misplaced primary(?) on the wing.
DSC_0700_DxO-1.jpg
DSC_0704_DxO.jpg
DSC_0733_DxO.jpg
DSC_0783_DxO-1.jpg

Later got a White Tern - feeding, ISO 1000 (actually see above...)

Nat_WA

Thinking of a new line... Ow, that hurts
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
@IslanderMV - nice silhouette... this summer I tried something similar with a couple of cormorants in a tree but wasn't happy with the result :(... It should have been like yours ;)
@Vern - very nice set of herons; lovely reflections in 2 of them (y)
@ISv - an excellent series of portraits again (you're making it hard for yourself to surpass the expectations :unsure::p set by your previous posts)
Wiebe.

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Nice shots. Where did you take them?
Alan, if your question is addressed to me, thanks. Photos were taken at Kapiolani park (Oahu) where I chase that golden plover (posted before). There are tap-water sources there, one of them leaking and it's where I took the pics of the Java sparrow. It's ~100-150 meters from the ocean, in front of Waikiki aquarium.
Nice photo of the cormorants BTW!

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Also sorry to hear that.... and likewise about Keji.... I love it there, and have been going since.... well..... Ummmm...... I watched the moon landing there on a portable TV :)
Don, I like your sense of humor and from now - your persistence:)! I'm attaching a pic that is in obvious violation for this part of the Forum, but I'm sure the CR guys have a sense for humor too... ("posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986"). This is a feral cat that says "HI" any time I enter that trail. Not sure it has watched the moon landing but age versa looks like that (Hey, I'm 64, soon 65, I mean I do not try to offend any one here!).

Attachments

Click

Spends too much time on this forum
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Don, I like your sense of humor and from now - your persistence:)! I'm attaching a pic that is in obvious violation for this part of the Forum, but I'm sure the CR guys have a sense for humor too... ("posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986"). This is a feral cat that says "HI" any time I enter that trail. Not sure it has watched the moon landing but age versa looks like that (Hey, I'm 64, soon 65, I mean I do not try to offend any one here!).
You're not in violation, the bird is inside the cat.