Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Thanks Click! Wiebe, from my point of view it is just running to the cooler part of the "pond", I don't see hesitation on that face:D!

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Beautiful bird and a lovely shot, ISv.
Yeas, the bird is beautiful!
I think it is the same bird that I met on the same place ~1.5 month ago (photos on page 880 here). Next time I should take few fruits with me - it deserves reward for the collaboration (and I may get a friend there, these are intelligent birds) :)!

Jack Douglas

https://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/profile/64
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Yeas, the bird is beautiful!
I think it is the same bird that I met on the same place ~1.5 month ago (photos on page 880 here). Next time I should take few fruits with me - it deserves reward for the collaboration (and I may get a friend there, these are intelligent birds) :)!
And destructive - babysat one for a month and it flew onto a hanging lamp and bit the cord in two (not switched on or the owner might have shot me).:)

Jack

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
And destructive - babysat one for a month and it flew onto a hanging lamp and bit the cord in two (not switched on or the owner might have shot me).:)

Jack
Or the owner would buy you a drink or two:D!
They need some thin branches around - may be chopping such branches they keep their beaks in good shape. I have seen them in the nature to cut such a branches by no obvious reason.

Nat_WA

Thinking of a new line... Ow, that hurts
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
@ISv - Nice series; I especially like the last one where the wind is blowing some of it's feathers forward - adds to the 'real life' feel!
@AlanF - Nice picture of the wagtail; not the easiest of lighting conditions but well exposed! Did you use 400mm DO-II + 1.4x or 100-400 II + 1.4x?
W.

AlanF

EOS 5DS R
Aug 16, 2012
@ISv - Nice series; I especially like the last one where the wind is blowing some of it's feathers forward - adds to the 'real life' feel!
@AlanF - Nice picture of the wagtail; not the easiest of lighting conditions but well exposed! Did you use 400mm DO-II + 1.4x or 100-400 II + 1.4x?
W.
The DO II. The lighting was very bad and I got only one shot before he flew.