Show your Bird Portraits

Nat_WA

Thinking of a new line... Ow, that hurts
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Haven't been able to find the time / create the opportunity to go out myself, but here I find so many excellent shots...
@HB - very nice set of the sparrowhawk; what a fierce look the female has when watching into the camera ;)
Jeff (@IslanderMV) - excellent set of the red-tail hawk, the first one is beautiful (for lack of better words...); the way it is focused on its prey
@ISv - pity you weren't able to find the birds you were looking for, that's animals in the wild right - never obediently waiting for you :(;). Nevertheless you brought a nice set home from the zoo :) and from your neighbourhood!
@bhf3737 - nice pictures; does the EOS-R work well for you with these bird pictures? (EVF and AF and so on?)
Wiebe.

[...]
@bhf3737 - nice pictures; does the EOS-R work well for you with these bird pictures? (EVF and AF and so on?)
Wiebe.
Thanks! EVF has been excellent (i.e., responsive, bright and all info such as histogram are shown). The AF with EF lenses is similar to 5D4 with longer lenses such as 70-300L and 100-400mm LII and I couldn't find anything against it. A rather obvious shortcoming is tracking fast moving objects such as birds in fly, partially because of my skills. We shouldn't forget that this camera is not meant to be a dedicated birding/sports camera. Overall, EOS-R seems to be a nice everyday and a bit of everything shooting camera. I usually use it comfortably with two 24-70 and 70-300 lenses and it can cover the range I'm interested in.

jasonkayla2

Canon 5D Mark iv, 7D Mark II
Jan 18, 2017
Bronx, NY